460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i have been pondering a bracket race that could be done at several different locations and bring racers from all over the country to race each other.Here is what i want to do and i want your opinion on it seeing that there are members on here from all over the country.The race is 16 different races with 16 car fields and the winners of each race will advance to a 17th race for 50,000.00 The entry is 500.00 per car.The winners of the first races will recieve there entry back and the r/u will recieve 250.00 no buy backs.At the final race the first round loosers will recieve 1250.00, qrtr finalist will recieve 2500.00, semi finalist will recieve 5000.00,r/u 20,000.00, winner will recieve 50,000.00.This leaves 941.00 for each race track for running and promoting the race. I know the entry is high but the payout is high also.I think running the first 16 races in different parts of the country and having the winners meet somewhere in the middle of the us would be cool. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Just where do ya think your going to find a track that will host/promote a race for $941?:eek::rolleyes::D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be a pre entry race that they can run during there regular program.There are alot of tracks that arent making that off of there super pro class.

·
Registered
846 Posts
No buybacks, no double entries ??? That way everybody has the same chance to win.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Might work, maybe

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm still weighing out the pros and cons in my mind...
The jury is still out on this one.

I like the idea of the "Tournament-Like" format...I'm just not sure about the logistics of the whole thing. I don't think that you would have too much problem filling the field, as bracket racers are true gamblers by nature. I think the toughest part would be finding a track for the finals that everyone would agree on.

I do have a suggestion though...maybe cut the quarter-final and semi-final money a little and pay it back to the "satellite" race winners to help out with the cost of the tow to the final race...just a thought.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know if it will or not i just thought it would be cool to race for 50k and only a 500.00 dollar entry and the person that won it all would only have to make 8 passes total.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a thought and it could be done that way so that more people get something back.I thought that maybe the payback at the final race would help the finalist to cover travel expenses.Also as you said treeya i really think if you was to spread the races out it wouldnt be hard to fill them.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You'll have to find a bunch of high rollers to get it done ,plus get the tracks to do it for peanuts at $941 per track. I don't think you could sell it out in 2 lifetimes. You may though??? Go for it!!:D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry treeya i miss read what you said about the payback .Need to move the finalist money down the ladder a bit.Got ya.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats why i want honest opinions from guys like you dan.Is it something you would be interested in? I dont think the tracks would have that big of a problem with it.We have tracks that run a quick 16 around here that pays back all the entry to the winner.They could replace there quick race with this race one night and pocket the 941.Plus the cars that run it would most likely be there customers any way.Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
No way I could lay out $500 for it, and have to race for nothing to get there. Then travel to who knows where to run the finals. I can run the Tenn-Tuck series here for $200 a day with no buybacks for $10,000 to the winner and paying 64 places.(3 races a weekend) But it could work. I'm just a poor guy trying to race. Some people got the cash to do it. :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
$50,000

mid michigan runs a race every year for $50,000 to the winner. $398 entry for 4 days of racing. $5000 to win on thur and sun, 10,000 to win on fri and 50,000 to win on sat. with other gramblers races mixed in. check out the flyer on their home page @ midmichmotorplex.com the race is august 6-9 this year
stosh

·
Registered
620 Posts
mid michigan runs a race every year for $50,000 to the winner. $398 entry for 4 days of racing. $5000 to win on thur and sun, 10,000 to win on fri and 50,000 to win on sat. with other gramblers races mixed in. check out the flyer on their home page @ midmichmotorplex.com the race is august 6-9 this year
stosh
Yes Sir...that is my favorite race of the year...been to it several times. A few years ago, I got to 7 cars in the $50,000 race, went 6 rounds in the $10,000 race and, won the all door car gambler race for $2,000...it was a good weekend. That race is an absolute blast...hope to make it up there again this year.

·
Registered
200 Posts
stosh
Yeah, that was the example I thought of. The guys that would run this are not gonna spend a race day somewhwre trying to qualify to run somewhere else on another weekend for the 50 grand. There are too many other oppurtunities every weekend to get the big money. That's my two cents.

Plus, these shootout races with 64 cars for big $$$ and 6 rounds same day would be more attractive I think.

TJ

http://www.dragraceresults.com/images/banners/Flyer%20-%20Mid%20Michigan%2050k%2009%20a.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts