460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UGHHHHHH!!! This is not my day, I have a brand new pan, it comes with filter extension, new filter and all hardware. It won't fit around my trans brake solenoid, I did grind some off the inner rail of the pan to try to gain clearance, (it comes with kickouts on both sides) then figured out I was grinding on the wrong F****ng side, so it has been ground on both sides, nothing that will hurt the integrity of the pan though.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BMM-50281&N=700+4294922122+4294905612+4294905621+400004+115&autoview=sku

140.00$ shipped to the lower 48
Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
We ran into the same problem as you. We put an elbow onto the valve body and moved the solonoid. It took a little time to figure out the correct fittings, but works great. This is a nice pan and the filter extension and filter are awesome. I will see if I still have pictures if you want to see them

Mark

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mark, I already went with a different pan and have it buttoned up, I wish I would have thought of something like that but was in too big of a hurry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts