460 Ford Forum banner

BREAKING NEWS ON FORD PROSTOCK 2009

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  4speed390 
#1 ·
LOG ON TO competitionplus.com FOR THE LATEST ON JIM CUNNINGHAM AND HIS 2009 PLANS FOR 2 MUSTANGS TO BE RUNNING IN NHRA PRO STOCK..THEY WILL BE 2010 MODELS WITH HIM DRIVING ONE AND ERICA ENDERS DRIVING THE OTHER.HE HAS GOTTEN THE PARTS APPROVED FROM FORD AND HE IS WAITING FOR HIS FIRST DELIVERY OF PARTS. EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE ARTICAL ITS THE BEST NEWS FOR FORD PRO STOCK SINCE GLIDDEN

FINALLY US FORD GUYS WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT IN THE NHRA PRO STOCK DIVISION :D :lol: :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

#5 ·
that is good news for sure!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
now the quesiton i have is what heads is he using? Darin Morgan is working on heads for ford but said that he wasnt gonna have em ready for the 09 season. and he wasnt qualifyin with the E460's So what heads is he using?

#8 ·
Maybe the new heads are going to be ready by mid season because the artical says Jim Cunningham is expecting the first shipment of parts in July. That seems like forever but us Ford guys have waited this long, whats another 8 months ???????

Nothing was said about Kaase being involved with Jim Cunningham but if Cunningham wants his new program to win races right out of the gate I think he should make the call to Jon Kaase if he hasnt already.Who else out there is better qualified to take the new parts to the next level but Jon Kaase ???? Answer-NOBODY

Myself and my cousin try to stay up to the minute when it comes to the new Ford Pro Stock deal so as soon as we hear anytype of new information I will post in first thing. Timothy Blair Sr. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#9 ·
I'd like to know what kind of R&D he's done and where. Remember that we don't race dyno's but its a great tool to start a baseline with. I have a friend with Tommy Hammonds and they have a pretty good engine program and he said they are within 20-30 hp of what Anderson and Jegs SAY they make but the rest is getting the car and the clutch tuning set right on any given day.

Ace

G
#13 ·
prostudebaker said:
randy i though it said somewhere in there that ford didnt put any money into it outside people like cunninham did it . ford just needs to sign there name to it and give it pat numbers? maybe im way off on this. brad
that is the way i understand it..no $$ for them but just need a few signatures, i am wondering if ford problem will affect john force and his crew

#14 ·
cougar1969 said:
The only thing is How can they warrant it and still ask the Government to give them xxBillion for a bail out????? WTF Seems to me they would cut the Racing and try to save the company...

JMHO
Randy
Ford said that they didn't need the bailout, but just incase one of the other manufacturers goes bankrupt they would like to have a 9 billion dollar line of credit.

Ford actually came up with a plan and put it in motion.

Yaaa for Prostock!!!! Go Ford!!

#15 ·
That 9 billion dollar line of credit is essentially giving ford the money. They are going to use it, they would be stupid not too. And yes they do need it. As far as the call to kaase, I believe Darin Morgan is doing ford heads for later on down the road, and he is just as qualified. I doubt he is within 20 horse of jegs, thats a little close to be qualifying a consistent .2 behind them. jmo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.