460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a nice brisk morning today 30 miles east from Ft.McMurray, Alberta Canada. At 08:00hrs today it was -36 C = -33 F with a 10mph wind the windchill was -50 C = -60 F. I think I might have to put my longjohns on. :lol: Only one roughneck got a small frostbite on his cheek. Work is going to be slow today with lots of breaks to warm up. How long till spring 4 months :cry: The old 6.0 power stroke was a little stiff starting even with synthetic oil in it. :shock: This is the price we pay in the endless search for gas and oil.

Later Boys,
Mark Laczo

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Oh I see... You're the guy sendin' it down here... :lol: :lol: :lol: Right now here it's snowing to beat the band and it's about 5* at my house, winds are 25 mph from the north, gusting to about 35 mph at times... Tonight it's supposed to get down to -30* to -35* with qusty winds making windchill temps dip into the -50* to -60* range... The high for tomorrow is to be around -14* plus whatever the wind ecides to throw in... AAAAHHHHH winter has come at last... If I can keep my friend's morale up, we're supposed to go elk hunting tomorrow, should make for a good day... :D :wink:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
135 Posts
too bad the track in rimbey wasnt open yet with the heated strip we could be racing there now :D :D -27 c in edmonchuck banana belt compared to fort mac lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
Every once in a while, Mother Nature reminds us Alberta boys where we live... I was pounding fence posts into the unfrozen ground a few days ago, now it looks (and feels) like Antartica. :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Last Saturday I pushed my Ranchero out of the garage and washed the dust off her. It was about 6*C ( about 45*F). The next day we got 6" of heavy snow. It's been snowing since 10am yesterday resulting in another
6" of snow and the temp is now -25C (-13F). When you take a deep breath your nostrils stick together :!: :shock:
Chero in the snow:

·
Registered
495 Posts
i was debating on finishing my 521 until spring, because of my garage only has a small propane heater. here in reddeer we got snow but not like edmonton and north

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I'm all for global warming. Pisson them polar bears. :lol:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Well, it's a nice balmy -18* at my house this morning... With an expected high temp today of -20* and sunny to partly cloudy... :D :wink:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Dang, its only 63* here today. I may have to put on long sleeves.

·
Registered
690 Posts
73* today and 77* tomorrow. Highs in the mid to upper 70s all week. It gets "cold" at night though...mid 50s - Charleston SC

Im not sure Id trade -30* and the wind blowing for 105* with a heat index of 120*+ and 90% humidity though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts