460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike and I took my car to the track today and made some real progress. The first pass was a wash, 6.90 @71.09, skated around and got out of the groove. The second one was close to our best at the Bash, 6.058 @ 118.11. Third one was a winner, 5.946 @ 119.05, forth run was 5.981 @ 118.73. The changes I made to the suspension are working, and we are gradually adding back in some timing on the launch and gear change. The track was not great but it was better than the first time we took it there. Some more chassis tuning and throwing some timing back in and we will get there :D. We were going to make some more runs but I have a battery problem I've got to figure out, so we called it quites for the day and walked over to the roundy round track and watch those guys tear up some sheet-metal. As usual Mike did a great job on the driving end. Thanks Mikey! I did some creative and quick editing on the video, turn out real cool :cool:.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nice going guys, keep working the setup.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Douglas, Thanks for the kind words!! I really like the editing of the video..lol Almost makes me look like I know what I'm doing:D:D.

·
Registered
955 Posts
It's harder than it looks to get those small tire cars down a race track with 1000hp. You guys will get it. Do you run a digital 7 programmable timing system??

Travis

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I see 5.30-5.40's on the horizon. I had a great time yesterday and I think Mikey's door car addiction is getting worse :D:D:D.

Nick, my camera is a Fuji S9000.

Travis, yes it's a Digital 7. I love the ability to program in retards, 3 step, and all the other features is has. I'm finally getting a handle on the hand held programmer instead of using the laptop. I would prefer to use a laptop, but that slow azz piece of crap I have don't cut it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks guys, I see 5.30-5.40's on the horizon. I had a great time yesterday and I think Mikey's door car addiction is getting worse :D:D:D.
Not so fast there big boy...Not ready to trade in my piperack just yet.... Unless Dan sells Tweety !!:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats on your progress!!!! Keep up the good work & I am sure you will meet your goal. In my limited racing experience, you have to crawl, take baby steps, before you can learn to run. Sounds like you sneeking up on it & that will serve you well. Good luck & I wish you much success!!!!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not so fast there big boy...Not ready to trade in my piperack just yet.... Unless Dan sells Tweety !!:D
Ha, ha, ha :D I knew that would get a rise out of you. By the way, I told Randall to get a damn new battery for my Excursion :D:D:D.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
:D:D:D I will help you come out of the closet with that ....." My name is Mike , I am a door car aholic " I drove an ultra cool mustang and now I want rid of my rear engine fragster" :D:D

Great job guys

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:D:D:D I will help you come out of the closet with that ....." My name is Mike , I am a door car aholic " I drove an ultra cool mustang and now I want rid of my rear engine fragster" :D:D

Great job guys
Oh, that's a good one there Randy :D:D:D. Mikey got called back into work today (lucky dog), so he probably won't see it until this afternoon.

That was some ride :eek: you had there at Bowling Green, I'm glad you kept it together.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Good job Doug and Mike!! I like the camera action.That's the worst part of my 1 person race operation..no video footage:(Things are going to have to get alot tougher before Tweety ever leaves the farm Mike, not to say it won't ever happen.I just hope not!! It's my pride and joy. Alot of people were showing the love for the old Bird at Bowling Green yesterday;):D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts