460 Ford Forum banner

Broke it....again.

4K views 45 replies 23 participants last post by  Big Hurt 
#1 ·
Track opened today, so I finished up a few little things and headed out. This is as far as the BBR got.
:(

Was running fine. plenty of oil psi and the wideband was happy at ~ 14.5-14.7. Pulled away from a stop light, it started banging, sounded like a rod. It died and I coasted to this driveway. Nothing came out, no leaks, oil looks fine, sooooo.

I guess I'm gonna start taking it apart tomorrow.

See less See more
#6 ·
If the motor wasn't wound up, and the oil pressure was good to the end, maybe you'll get lucky and find minimal damage. I'm thinking that maybe a rod bolt failed or the timing chain gave up and you smacked some valves. I know that prying a motor out of that thing has gotta be a chore, so I guess it'll be a day or two before we know wut's wut. Got my fingers crossed for you, man.

#9 ·
I hope you get it fixed.That's one super cool street sleeper. There's no way I'd think it had a BBF in it ,just looking at it. I'm sure it's got a little more rumble to it than a 2.3..Good luck:cool:

#13 ·
My Mustang sheared the dizzy pin and the gear slipped a little was back firing and died ,I thought it blew up. Maybe you just got something like that,check it before you pull it.Good luck

#14 ·
Hey Moe!

That's not supposed to look like that! Sucker snapped in two with no missing chunks!

Since the coolant has already been drained, I think I will pull the intake and look at the lobe and roller lifter to make sure they look ok. The pushrod is straight as an arrow and still looks brand new so maybe all is well.

#18 ·
One Punch Coming Up !!

Smaaaaaaaack !!!!

Whats the matter with you !!!! Roller Cam and Chinese rockers !!!!!

#25 ·
Gee Randy, I really thought you'd throw something at me. lol

BTW, the opening day at the track was great. Tons of folks out there. Got to see some really nice and fast cars running. There were many I had never seen before. I guess maybe Amarillo will pick up a little since Lubbock is down for the count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.