460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price isn't a factor here. Quality is the priority and I want to buy the best part the first time. I'm using a short snout 4.5 Bryant crank with a Danny Bee cam drive. Also using a .250 engine plate and MSD BB crank trigger wheel (7.250) diameter.If anyone KNOWS what damper works best with this setup, would you please fill me in ? Iv'e been leaning toward an ATI unit P/N 917564/. However, ATI offers a large or small diameter, aluminum or steel, and I see where some are using a small block damper. Please advise!
Thanks, Ross

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
ATI, If you want the best

Use the small block hub for the boss snout, and the 7'' dampner .

You will need a spacer behind the hub to move it out from the danny bee a little.

PETERSON PUMP now sells a mandrel that bolts on with no mods if you need one.

call ask for PAT , tell him Rich sent ya

You will have to reconfigure your timing pointer for the danny bee a little

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ditto to what Boss 429 said. I have used the same setup. But on my last build I had ATI build a longer hub for my dampner, eliminating the spacer. It is kind of pricey, but you can also specify where you want to place the TDC mark on the dampner.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bryant crank /Danny Bee-Damper advice

Thanks very much to the both of you for the advice. Turning out a spacer isn't a problem. You saved me from purchasing the wrong ATI P/N. What I see according to ATI, is P/N 918022 which answers the 3 bolt pattern question and no aluminum option here. TX again! Ross.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts