460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 94 stang that I plan on dropping a 429 into. I'm only 21 and this will be my first build with my dad. We picked up a complete 1971 429 motor with dove-c heads off of craigslist for $50 bucks, yeah not even kidding..50 bucks (he was a chevy guy with no knowledge of it or use for it, not trying to rip on chevy guys). I really want to take advantage of that price and build myself a street/strip motor to go into my stang that will take pump gas. I'll have approximately $4k for the motor alone next summer and am striving for 500hp at least. If I have to, I might stretch for 4.5k to 5k. I plan on using the dove heads unless you guys may have any other options, but 5k is my limit for sure. I was thinking of a 501 stroker. Saw a nice stroker kit on summit for $1700 with forged pistons/rods, cast crank, etc. Bad idea, good idea? what would you guys do with 4k? Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Alex

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gday Losoundz88
This is about the only time i ve wanted to live in the states 460 for $50 complete you ll get lots of great info from this site for your build you should chat to Paul Kane and possibly Carl from cars buy carl as you plan on doing this with your Dad well thats even better also check out the engine builds section most of the fella s here are sick of answering certain questions you ll find a budget build for your HP requirments in the engine tech area

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gday Losoundz88
This is about the only time i ve wanted to live in the states 460 for $50 complete you ll get lots of great info from this site for your build you should chat to Paul Kane and possibly Carl from cars buy carl as you plan on doing this with your Dad well thats even better also check out the engine builds section most of the fella s here are sick of answering certain questions you ll find a budget build for your HP requirments in the engine tech area
I was suprised myself. Orginally the price of the motor was $150 (which is ridiculous anyway) but I may have gotten off easy since I'm pretty young. Got pretty lucky. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Scat Street/Strip 4.15" 501/514 Rotating Assembly

$999.00

... more info

Scat Street/Strip 4.3" 521/532 Rotating Assembly

$1,049.00

... more info

Scat Street/Strip 4.5" 545/557 Rotating Assembly

$1,099.00

... more info

1700 bucks???.........Summit and jegs is a waste of money.......See what I mean?......hope this helps........These are THE CHEAPEST KITS I have found out there and THESE are from a VERY REPUTABLE SHOP and this guy (Brian) is actually a member here who you'll see from time to time......I remember asking this question my first time here!......Returning the favor for the guys who helped me here on 460FORD.COM....Alot better deals can be had than through the "60% markup" mail order catalogs....You should see the deals on new items posted in the auction block here from our vendors. Excellent prices on Intake manifolds, and great looking oil pans, and a whole slew of other parts and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts