460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the forum and this may have been gone over and i guess most wouldn't consider it much of a build but here we go. ive been daily driving an 87 4x4 cclb f350, 460 backed by a c6(which will also be rebuilt soon) with a gear vendors overdrive also. the engine leaks like a siv and i bought a new daily so i figured id give her some love. it gets driven a few times a week and occasionally hauls a car trailer. i found a 460 out of a 88 camper with 27,000 miles on it for $200. so i figured id build a separate engine for less downtime for the truck. i dont plan on machining unless it needs it. im currently in the process of measuring all compenents. basiclly i want to replace all gaskets so it wont leak, the heads on it are d3ve heads and i dont plan on doing anything head wise other then maybe mildly porting them myself. im looking for the most aggressive or lopey cam those heads can handle. if i have to replace the pistons, carb, rockers, pushrods,ect i will upon what is told to me. what i do have is longtubes, high voltage distributor, and thats about it. if you need any other info i will be happy to give it to you. i have no ideas yet so i wont fight your recomendation, i have an open mind for anyone with experience.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts