460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 460 I built for an 85 F250 it's been sitting on stand / assembly oiled ready to go for 6 years never got around to putting back in truck ,gave truck to a kid that works with me and he didnt want to pay for the motor and put a 429 in it instead, the motor is specced out with components installed on desk top DYNO software for 630 HP and 485 Ft/lbs Trq I have about 5 grand in motor bored .30, 10-1 pistons ,crank balanced ,nice Cam for truck, shimmed heads ,big P/U oil pump, ALL top line PARTS Time gears & chain, Edelbrock 460 performer(coated) on it presently, I have oil stand off ,water pump on it, dipstick tube and pan on it..all it needs is a Dist ,Carb, Fuel Pump and fire it up ...won't let me send picts here... I would put in my F350 Dually but it has a 351/ Auto with Comp to much work to convert So I'd like to see it get a good home if its something your interested or know amyone let me know/ Im in Laconia NH George [email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you make 630 horsepower with just a Performer intake?
Sounds like a similar engine I called on (Craigslist, go figure) and all I had to hear was "it'll make 600 horsepower, it has a Performer intake and cast iron pistons", that's when I said "I'll think about it"......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts