460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I built my Megasquirt last night. Wifey is out of town and after I got the boys in bed, I built the MS and the stimulator. Started at 9:30 and finished it all with a fully functional MS at 2:15 am.

Whoo hoo!

The instructions are super easy to follow and it went together really easy. This is the second one I have built, but the first one was several years ago.

Hooked it up to the stimulator and plugged it into the computer and fired up Megatune. Lights flash on the MS and the gauges move in Megatune and I can edit and save setting to the CPU.

This think this thing is neato burrito and I would definately recommend it to anyone doing an EFi conversion!

www.msefi.com

The more I mess with it the more jazzed I get about plugging it into the truck! Especially with the added features of the MS-II daughter board i will be installing!!!

-James

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for the basic MS you're looking at about $140 for an unassembelled kit and $40 for an unassembelled stimulator (engine simulator) and $82 for an assembelled MS-II daughterboard if you want to step up to it. (expanded fuel & VE tables, ignition control and IAC control, etc)

Dang cheap for what you get and super easy to build.

-James

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
VERY interested in your build up of the Mega squirt. I have a turbo 4 car and a big block car that I have been thinking about changing to Mega squirt systems on both.. What still needs to be done to have it on your ride running and driving??

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Injectors are Delco/Lucas 009's (green band, 3 holes). They are 42.5 lb/hr units. I plan on running the fuel pressure a little above the normal (43 psi), probably arounf 50-55 or so, but i think these will be fine for the amount of power I will be making. (600+hp 650+tq or so.) As far as a pump goes, I am still debating just exactly how I want to set the fuel system up as the truck currently has dual tanks. Each of the tanks contain a low pressure pump that, when selected, feed a surge tank/cannister filter mounted on the frame, the factory inline high pressure pump then draws from this tank to feed the engine. I really like having 2 tanks (for the tremendous fuel capacity) and have considered replumbing each one with a larger Mustang intank pump (255l/hr) and ditching the frame mount unit. I have also considerded just junking it all to make room under the truck and just putting a fuel cell in and an inline pump of some sort. That end of the project is still really kinda up in the air.

What needs to be done? Pretty much everything. I have been in the midst of building a shop, so my project has merely consisted of gathering parts for the swap, but man, do I ever have a stack of parts!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Megasquirt

There's a guy named Dallas on this forum who has a megasquirted mustang. He's been very helpfull as I'm doing a megasquirt system for my truck. I have most of my parts needed and his ve tables to start with
as my engine is similar to his.
Good luck to all and keep us posted of your progress.
John

N

·
0 Posts
bring this one back from the dead how skilled do you have to be to solder the board and do you guys have any Phone numbers to call on this stuff i cant find a thing they all just have emails and i still have got any return emails back :(

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not skilled at all. Just follow the instructions and it is a piece of cake. Get a good iron, preferably one you can control the temp on and some good thin solder and have at it. Buy a stimulator and build it first. It is good practice.

N

·
0 Posts
cool deal yea i have been trying to get a hold of glen and diy and the MS fourm but no luck im lost on all the extra i need. But what i have seen i think it is a rocking set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts