460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freakin Animal!!! Father in-law drove the Lincoln for 10 min and busted the rearend.....
Again. I can't get mad at him though, he's 55 going on 20 when he drives that thing!
Took one or more of the spider gear teeth off. I guess it makes sense, one axle receives all the abuse in an open rear burnout.
I have plenty of used center sections, can I just clean up the 3.00 chunk and use the spider and axle gears from another? I haven't torn one down just swapped them out.
I have a 9" clutch style trac-loc I could put in. Would that be a better bet?
I wanted to swap to 3.50 gears anyway, so I guess this will just hurry it up. Although I did want to run the Hot Rod Power Tour with the 3.00's. But then again, better to have it break 500ft from my house than 2000 miles from home.....

Pics of the busted pig..... I'm starting to figure out things for the headers too. I think the connection from the collectors to the pipes and make it fit in the exhaust hump in the trans crossmember will be tight!

·
Registered
401 Posts
some lincolns had 9 3/8ths ring gears,as long as the axles are the same-aka 31 spline or 28 the 9 -in should work.be sure to swap out the yoke.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
That's a super nice looking old Lincoln!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts