460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my shipment of forward drums (20) their a pretty peice , cnc'd out of 4140 and heat treated . This will eliminate the broken snap ring groove problem in your C-6 , and With one of My Trans bakes will make an unbeatable combination. their not cheap thou . $700.00 US each shipped to your door USPS
Frank
Dam! the credit card took a hit on this one !
.jpg[/img][/URL]

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no directs yet but a stock 3 clutch can have the a new snap ring groove cut and will hold 4 . directions are on my C6 build
Frank

·
Registered
67 Posts
Frank, I already have a built C6. I have a stock 3 clutch drum with the 2nd groove cut in it. I have 6 clutches and steels in that drum along with the forward. I have a line on a stock 5 clutch drum that would be found in a cobra jet I am going to get that drum and stuff 7 or 8 in that. That lower snap ring groove in my drum now messes things up with the amount of clutches that you can stuff in it. I was considering getting that new forward drum and a matching direct would be perfect. Especially if you could get one with a higher groove to stuff even more clutches in it.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jamie , the 5 cluch is actually a scj drum, on it you can get 7 &7 with a higher snap ring groove but then you have to machine a step on the pressure plate so when the clutch applies the pressure plate does not hit the forward drum and make sure you stay with a clearance of .012-.013 per cluch and steel ,7&7 .084-.091 clearance
Frank

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
do u know of anyone useing the alum drum with big power in there c6,

been told they last about 300 passes,

heres another one for you????

ever have a trans break come and go (work and not work) but when u push the button rev always works? always backs up......

- R

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boss 429 , this year I'm going to try an aluminum drum so we'll see how it works , and on your transbrake sounds like you have a hipster or a copy as you have to push the button for reverse ,sounds like a valve sticking in the valvebody, my transbrake valvebodies you don't have to push the button for reverse

Frank

1 - 16 of 16 Posts