460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have been following along on some of the other threads about guys rebuilding their C6 trans. I rebuilt mine a couple of months ago. It went behind a 460 I built up with Edelbrock heads, cam + intake. Supposed to be good for about 500hp. :D

I used the TCI Truck rebuild kit. It went together quite well, but when I got it out on the street, 2nd gear was slipping like crazy. :oops:

I have double checked the intemediate band adjustment, and it was OK. I pulled the valve body again, and the 1-2 shift spool valve had a tiny burr on it. Just enough for it to hang up a bit.

I am putting it back in tonight, hopefully it will be better now. if not, does anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
C6

Talk to Frank Merkl. He's the man for the c6. Phone number is 403-793-5412. email is [email protected]

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
The vb is the key to the whole deal, along with some other little odds n ends. Frank seems to be the man, I have my c4 sold but I am now preparing a fairly healthy c6 build. As I get parts and start it I plan on starting a dedicated thread.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys,

Nope, the piston was inspected carefully, I didn't see or feel anything wrong with it. I have tested it with air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts