460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a TCI deep pan to put on my bronco, I have been running the stock pan for the last couple of years. Anyway, got it home and under the bronco and it looks like its not gonna fit!! It appears that I might have to do some cross member removal to get it to work. Anyone else out there had a problem and how did you work it? My engine is solid mounted front and rear motor plates, and the mount between the transfer case and trans is solid too. Would I be OK removing some of the factory cross member?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Isaac you may need the special pan with the "sump" in the center... We went through this a little while back with Pat's truck. The regular deep cast pans wouldn't work. I don't remember where he ended up finding the one he has...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a TCI pan on my C6 in my 78 F250, It's real tight but it fit I did have to trim a hole for the drain plug. My engine and trans are on rubber mounts though. I have thought about trimming that first lip off the front of the crossmember and doing some reinforcement if I have the crossmember out again..

·
Registered
773 Posts
i've got a tci pan on my bronco.it fit without modifying the crossmember but it's tight.i have since done some surgery to the crossmember so the drain plug can be used.next time it's out i'm building a crossmember.the factory one is a pain.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I built my own cross member for my 1977 F-150 4X4, and there is no clearance issues at all. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts