460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been gone over before but....Going to 3/8 tubing,hard line all the way.The trans fittings are for 5/16 tubing.What i'm looking for is a fitting with a 1/8 NPS male.These are straight pipe threads,no taper like regular NPT pipe threads,sealed with a washer,and a 5/8 X 18 inverted flare female for 3/8 tubing.This fitting is apparently hard to locate and any help in this would be appreciated.
I can get this fitting with 1/8 npt male threads that kinda fit and would probably work but I'm on a mission to do this right.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Little late, but they are available from summit,jegs and the like, Thats where I got mine, DO NOT use npt fittings, they will stress and possibly crack the case. The fittings are available with an-6 and an-8 ( an-6 will be for the 3/8 line ). They may be hard to find on the website, but they are there, You may want to get a 90deg fitting coming off the adapter to keep the lines close to the trans as the min radii for the 3/8 is larger and will push it out from the trans more than the 5/16 did. Make sure that you get the right size ( 1/8 or 1/4 ) as they are available in both sizes. Lots of luck.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah,that will work...go from AN to hard line.I want to use aluminum tubing for added cooling over braided.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts