460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of C6 parts that I dont really need anymore... they were from 2 transmissions, they are from 1976 thunderbirds. Heres wat i got, basically i have one complete trans in parts and a complete rebuilt forward clutch assembly with red alto clutches and kolene steels.

2 long tailshafts (lincoln type)
2 Long output shafts (1 shaft still has govenor installed)
1 complete Valve body
1 complete set of parking linkage
1 complete pump with stator
2 "P" servos
2 "A" (i believe) servo levers
1 input shell
1 low reverse clutch hub
i have 3 pinon planitaries

The main thing i have is!
A brand new rebuilt complete forward drum clutch assembly with 4 red alto clutches and Kolene steels with matching ring gear and 3 pinon aluminum planitary. This this was rebuild with new seals etc and i ended up having to get a whole new forward drum assembly so I could stick 5 clutches in it. I also have the extra clutch to make the assembly 5 clutches (in the 4 clutch setup i have for sale) but you will need to get a step machined pressure plate. this thing is ready to bolt in and has HIGH PERFORMANCE red eagle ALTO clutches and kolene steels! has an extra clutch for more power handling!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops i forgot to add prices!

Not really sure about the internal parts or VB, I know what i paid for the short tailshafts so i would sell the long ones for like 30$ each.
Output shaft will be 30$
output shaft with govenor will be 45$
VB will be like 100$
Servo levers 10$ each

The assembled forward drum clutch assembly I would sell for like 150$ as i paid well over 200$ for the forward drum clutch assembly that i have now and it only has 5 borg warner clutches inside. My forward drum assembly has 4 RED ALTOS!! I even have the 5th clutch so you can install it yourself... all you need is a stepped pressure plate! they are cheap! ( i didnt know this and bought a whole new assembly).

All prices are negotiable so please make an offer! I want to not have this stuff laying around!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
which one? reverse planitary (low reverse clutch hub) or the planitary carrier assembly (fits in ring head foward clutch assembly/sun gear).

Do you just want the planitary or the parts that they fit into too? Just saying So i can price accordingly.

·
Registered
765 Posts
OK....in all honestly im kinda C6 ignortant as of right now...lol
I have the low E4OD gearset in mine now....i hate it and wanna go back to stock C6 ratio's.
So......i guess whatever that's called is what im needing.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WEll im attaching an exploded view of the C6 trans. I Circled the planitaries and I put a SQUARE around the parts that I think you might need to. Im not totally sure on what is needed for the gearset change. Ive only built 1 C6 but I had 2 transmissions to choose parts from.

let me know exactly wat you need. I basically have everything of one complete trans and some extra stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol prob out racing!

I did some research and it seems that for the swap u need (planet gear, hub, bearing, ring gear and sun gear and you will need a C6 sun shell) the E40d has a different sun shell apparently. Also your foward drum might not fit but it should. You will also need the new thrust washers etc.

Thats everything I have, you should be able to swap back with what i have, I also have the thrust washers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts