460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I rebuilt my C6 transmission following Franks guide lines so that at a later date could install a transbrake. I used a Trans Go shift kit so that I can either manually shift or automatic shift in drive with a 3000 stall. It shifts good manually but in drive it shifts soft. I would like to have it shift firmer in drive.
What do I need to do to make it shift firmer?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Which Transgo kit? A 67-2 or SK-6? Where is the modulator adjusted at ? Preload on the modulator pin? Was the cutback valve blocked with a checkball or blocker spring?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
c6 Question

The kit is 67-1&2, I'm going to check the weight of the vacuum modulator valve this weekend, the cutback I'm not sure if I used the spring. The instruction tell you to either use a spring or no spring for HD truck or mild upgrades.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The kit is 67-1&2, I'm going to check the weight of the vacuum modulator valve this weekend, the cutback I'm not sure if I used the spring. The instruction tell you to either use a spring or no spring for HD truck or mild upgrades.
In a truck for what you're doing i'd make sure the cutback does have the spring in it to block its movement

Ensure the modulator has some preload on the pin and check the weight . Usually they end up at least 3 turns in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts