460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reverse pattern PRN123, adjustable line pressure, My own proven design "not a copy of somebody elses" comes with trans build sheet , Dyno tested before shipment, Put your order in before I quit production for another year . $500.00 Canadian plus freight less $100 if you send me a C8AP upperhalf/ C7AP lower half valvebody core .

Frank Merkl 403-793-5412

email [email protected]

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
brake

Hey guy's my C6 runn's in the 7's , in a 2650# car with this valvebody. sure a C6 is heavyer than a PG , but If you don't need to have a spare in the trailer and the work, were is the savings? I've have 10.0 cars running my brake that have't serviced the trans in 3 yrs .. My kid put 10,000 on his 408 sb stroker with aC6 with my brake and 150 runs down the 1/4 mileand some drunk runs with his bud's and it still dosen't look bad in side, it ain't new but it ain't hurt!
Frank

R

·
0 Posts
Ive got Shanes c6 at my house and we are fixing to go back through it and add a brake, I told him to get with you.

Jon

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trans

complete trans Race ready $2000.00 Canadian plus shipping does not included a hardened imput shaft for that price as they are the easyist thing to change and the stock one is good for 800 ftlb of torque

Frank

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I quess I should have gave some of the Features of my Transbrake
- Reverse shift pattern PRN123
-transbrake will only work in 1st , nothing happens if you happen to touch you transbrake button in any other gear ( which makes it handy for fender racing in the top end as when you touch the button it will activate your launch rev limiter but not activate the brake, you may have to explain why you develope a miss at the top end once in awhile)
- low/reverse clutch applyed in 1st - not just relying on the sprag!
-adjustable line pressure 120- 180+psi so it is capable of holding whether you have 200hp motor or a 2000hp monster
Frank

PS I getting short of Valvebodies C8AP upper half / C7AP lower Half
send me 5 valvebodies get a FREE Tansbrake Valvebody for only the shipping ussally $25 can

·
Registered
115 Posts
Frank Merkl said:
Reverse pattern PRN123, adjustable line pressure, My own proven design "not a copy of somebody elses" comes with trans build sheet , Dyno tested before shipment, Put your order in before I quit production for another year . $500.00 Canadian plus freight less $100 if you send me a C8AP upperhalf/ C7AP lower half valvebody core .

Frank Merkl 403-793-5412

email [email protected]
you take master card???

·
Registered
40 Posts
frank, do you have a website, and if i send you a complet working c6 core how much comes of the pric of the complet tranny?

thanks
kris

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I don't have a web site ,not that skilled ,at 51 years chalk and a slateboard is more my style . No I don't take Visa or Mastercard , but I will take Paypal .

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I don't have a web site ,not that skilled ,at 51 years chalk and a slateboard is more my style . No I don't take Visa or Mastercard , but I will take Paypal .
Frank

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
address

Please Mail Valvebodies ,

to : Frank Merkl
PO Box 493
Brooks ,AB , CA
T1R 1B5

Please drain as best possible and seal in a couple of zip lock bags before boxing
Frank

·
Registered
765 Posts
Frank, I'm thinking about upgrading to a brake this summer, but my tranny guy didn't think i should because I Ocassionally drive this on the steet. (200-500mi. yr) What do you think about this?? Would the high line pressure be too hard on the tranny at lower rpm/speed? Does your valve body have any way to modulate line pressure for street driving?
I know very little about trannys, so If im speeking Greek please excuse my ignorance. You're expert opinion is greatly appreciated.

mike

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dirt worker how much Hp are you making ? 120- 140 psi line is enough for 600 hp and the line pressure is adjustable on my valvebodies( you need to drill and trap the side of the case for an 1/8 pipe plug ) I can set it for you Hp and give you a Number of turns to back off the line for street but 140 psi will live on the street . I put 300 miles on my street car ayear at 150psi ,no problems at all . Road tripped to Spokane WA from Brooks AB (1000 miles one way ) raced there and drove home
Frank

·
Registered
256 Posts
Is that valve body your looking for a set? Or is it two different apps?

What kind of cars/ truck were they in? I'm going to start looking at the auto wrecker for you.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Valve bodies

C8AP upper / C7AP lower casing number valve bodies were used '68- '73
and the easyies way to tell if the trans has the right valve body - pull the input shaft and stick in backwards ( if it fits ) it's splined the same both way's ,it will have a C8AP/C7AP valvebody
happy hunting send me all you can find
Frank

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry, Frank. All I could find was a lower c7ap. It was attached to a D3 upper. I can send it your way if you want it.

I wasn't a totle loss, I looked under one of the many trucks I was under today and noticed it still had the tag on the diff. Took a look and it was a 31 spline 3.25 locking nine inch. I got that out, and all it cost me was $74. And they didn't charge me for the VB. Not sure why, she saw it, but didn't say anything about it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Frank, I've got a few (5) C6's. Was wondering if the licoln C6, same bolt pattern but only one bolt at the top, has the valve body you're asking for. I'm gonna check today and see about the rest, sounds like a good deal. Thanks, Kevin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts