460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading post for a while and finally decided to join. For the C6 has anyone converted the Vent Cap to a Tube?
I had a rear seal leak issue that turned into having a longer driveshaft made and replacing the tail shaft bushing. IT'S STILL LEAKING. The only other thing I can think of is the vent cap may be causing it. I'll be pulling the tranny out to replace the torque converter in the next week. While it's out I'm thinking of replacing the cap with a tube if that's a better way to go and it will fit in the same hole. Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed the torque converter and things are a lot quieter. Converted it to a vent tube but it still leaks out of the tail shaft seal. No vibrations. I took a transmission for another car to a tranny shop and told him my situation with the C6. He handed me a bushing with a copper lining and said be sure to use a National Seal. He and others have said, "C6's leak that's just what they do." I'm not giving up. I'll update as this plays out. Suggestions and comments welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, Thermod. All of that has been done. That is what is frustrating with it still leaking. I even had a new driveshaft made and balanced. This second seal I got from Napa. I have had the trans out twice over this issue. The car has an X frame so I can't just pull the tail shaft housing off without dropping the whole thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts