460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 68 Lincoln motor for my 87 f250. After some research I realized this set up wouldn't be good for its intended use of towing on today's gas without machine work. So I'm now looking for a set of D3ve heads to replace my c8ve heads. My question is what are my heads worth? Would it be smart to try and trade for a set or sell mine and buy d3's. what is a fair price for both types.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I recently acquired a 68 Lincoln motor for my 87 f250. After some research I realized this set up wouldn't be good for its intended use of towing on today's gas without machine work. So I'm now looking for a set of D3ve heads to replace my c8ve heads. My question is what are my heads worth? Would it be smart to try and trade for a set or sell mine and buy d3's. what is a fair price for both types.
I have a nice pair d3ves, Ill trade if you would like.

d3's are worth less then c8's to most people

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I routinely get $600/pair (shipping included) for C8VE, C9VE, and D0VE heads.
D3's won't even bring $25 plus shipping.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
yes,you would be better off sell the c8s, I never get much for a set of d3s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, that's kinda what I figured but just wanted to know. I'll be listing them in the classifieds or CL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts