460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a great deal of BBF owners here in NJ. I was just trying to gauge the interest of having an informal gathering of those who love the BBF. Kinda like a large bench racing session. All are welcome. We could just meet somewhere at a central location, BS a little, or ALOT, and talk about our rides. Maybe even get some chow, if desired. Weather permitting, and hopefully having the salt gone, we could bring out some of the cars, but it is not neccessary, at all. So, what do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

Big Hurt

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sounds good to me! I'm in Westmont, which is right near Cherry Hill, 15 minutes from Philly. In the warmer months I go to Fuddruckers in Turnersville every Friday night for the cruise night there. We could really use some more Ford power there, especially of the big block variety. My car doesn't have the 460 in it yet, but hopefully within a couple weeks I'll be underway on the swap.

I have no qualms about driving my car in the salt/snow/rain/whatever. It's a car and was built to be driven, so that's what I do with it. I know a few guys who are like me in that respect as well, not 385 guys though. I could probably bring along another '68 Galaxie (he wants to do a 460 pending how mine goes into my '68), a '66 with an FE, a '65 Mustang and maybe a guy with a '78 Mustang I swapped from V6 to 302. We all meet at Fudds once or twice a month over the winter (don't awlays bring the cars though) so if others are into that maybe we can expand the Ford crew at Fudds.

Let me know. I'd be happy to meet some of the NJ guys from the forum!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Sounds good Tom. I haven't had much time off from work the past two months, but I made alot of OT money for the car. :D I finished the new front end this weekend, still have the fuel system to do, and then I'll be road worthy again. It's in my Dad's garage now. The salt and cold don't keep me away either. I've made many a Cape May run down the Parkway in January, with the salt covered Fairlane. 8) My next off weekend should be Feb 24th and 25th, and I should have two in March. I plan on hitting alot of the cruise nights this year, so maybe we can all meet up for one of those, like the Jackson Outlets.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Id be interested

Im up in Bergen County. I just got the car (70 Torino) back from the paint shop so its not ready for the road but Id be into a meet.

Devin G

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else? I was hoping a few more guys would chime in. I just thought that it would be very cool to get together, meet some new people, and talk BBF. I'm open to any location, and thought that a Saturday for lunch, or early afternoon, would be good. I am very flexible to try to accomodate everyone. So, how about some suggestions. It should be a blast whether 2 or 20 people show up. Thanks in advance.

Big Hurt

·
Registered
823 Posts
A thought... If we want to do a get together this weekend an option might be the A.C. car show. It's not really a great event, and the "swap meet" sucks but last year they had a good amount of classic cars and it was cool to watch the auctions. Just a thought I suppose. I'll probably be there Sunday morning/afternoon but not sure yet.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK everybody, I guess that we should possibly talk about where and when to meet. I imagine the weekend is the best, and we don't have to take up all day havin' some fun. Maybe some chow, and a BUNCH of BS!! What do you guys, and (gals) think?

Big Hurt

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Tom, my next weekend off is Mar 10-13th. I'll have the Fairlane done by this weekend, in between working, so I can show up in that. 8) My Dad and I will drive anywhere, so since you started this post, you pick the spot! :lol:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's try for a central location. I am in Monmouth County(Freehold), so some input as to a fair spot, for all interested parties, would be great. Also, I know that there are more BBF lovers in NJ out there, so, come on guys, chime in and let's have some fun! The number of people that come is unimportant really, I just think that it is a great way to beat some of these winter blues. Anyway, let's have at it!!

Big Hurt

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
OK - so I know that this is somewhat off topic

BUT

Do you guys really drive your cars on those things you call roads?

I bet the potholes is Baghdad are smaller! :shock:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok guys, I figure that all who all going to respond, have done so. It appears that we have people all over the place in the state. So, one more time I will ask for a meeting place. I have several by me, where we can grab a bite and BS, but I felt that it would be unfair to make it so close to me(Freehold). I was looking to maybe doing something in mid April, on a Saturday. What do you guys think? As I said earlier, all are welcome, from wherever. Any last ideas? Dates? Locations? Thanks.

Big Hurt

·
Registered
823 Posts
I will probably be at the Overbrook High School show on April 14th. If you guys wanna do it there that's an option. I don't go to too many car shows per season as it's not really my thing. I prefer just a cruise night style thing. Link for that show is... http://americanprideccc.home.comcast.net/calendar.html

Like I said, every Friday I'm down at Fuddruckers in Turnersville is anyone wants to meet up down there. Just pick a date for us all to show. Could also do an early Tuesday evening at Atco if we want to get some passes in and hang out at the track. I think you ought to just pick some place and time and see who all will show. Just let me know in advance and I can probably go.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Sorry I haven't been able to get together Tom. I've been working alot, and any off days I've had, were spent on my truck and Fairlane getting them ready for the trip to Kentucky. On a side note, I'll be spending the month of May in the Office, so I'll be working like a normal human being. Mon - Fri 7am-3pm, weekends off. A nice break from the rotating shift work. Maybe we can get together then, and the weather will hopefully be warmer and nicer. 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts