460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of weeks about 2 or 3 times a day I've been getting a call on my cell phone from this number 1 123 456 7893 has anyone else had this happen to them? I called ATT and they can't/don't/won't block calls. It doesn't show anything on my bill but it still makes me wonder. I'm thinking it's some sort of computer or "bot" caller because there is never anyone on the line if I happen to answer. Question is, if they called to see if mine was a valid number why would they call again and again?

Fortunately the calls have not been late at night or really in any way disturbing, just an annoyance.

Any ideas besides changing my number?

·
Registered
440 Posts
It may be a text-messaging bot, scrolling through numbers to see which ones work. Then, later on, they will send you a text message that is an advertisement.

Course, I could be full of crap, but that is an odd number to call from, completely made-up, and I can't think of any other reason why you would be getting calls with no one on the line.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking it's a "bot" too. Question is why would it call the same number over and over unless it's messed up in some way?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I am thinking there is a way I can block calls from numbers I dont want. Like an ignore feature in the phone menu somewhere. Phones are the new VCR that no one can figure how to program.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've been getting these calls frequently for the last month or two. Most of the time I didn't answer because of the number displayed. I did answer a couple of times and there was no one there. Early last week I answered held the line open and eventually someone answered. By the accent it sounded like the person was from the far east. They wanted me to switch long distance carriers. I asked them to remove my number from their call list and I have not received a call since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts