460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I called price motor sports And lunati. Look like I was all backwards and I needed a melonized steel gear. Lunati said it isn’t unusual for a steel roller to eat a cast gear in short order and not even scratch the steel roller gears. In Ended up ordering one made by msd that pms recommended and its on its way from summit racing . (Price motor sports has excellent customer service by the way)
Feeling a little better about the situation changed my oil and filter again checked clearances and I’m feeling optimistic I didn’t damage anythig.

Thanks for everyone’s help!
Bill makes some amazing stuff, I like his tall 460 valve covers, gives the sleeper look

·
Registered
77 Posts
i am sorry for your experience, modifying cars can be very long, frustrating, exspensive learning curve. better to protect your marrige than ANY car project.

How did this finally turn out? I run a steel roller cam from Kaase/comp cams, with tritec poly gear, you have a damaged cam. BBF cam gears NOT removable, save money for new cam, check directions ford racing site to set dizzy gear, wire wheel new cam gear carefully 90 degrees to teeth important to take edge off, nascar style a must. Some cam shops offer this, burnishment they call it, for nascar cores. Add dizzy gear oiling passage per paul kane/High flow Dynamic website. Hang in there, will all be a bad memory once all done, enjoy, Steve p.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
sure looks by the pic thats a 351w style gear (small block) 302 289, too small of an o.d.. what a shame

21 - 23 of 23 Posts