460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bronze distributor gear fail and kind of melt to the cam gear. What's the best way to clean it off? It's a billet cam. Comp tech said a dremel and wire wheel. He also said I should be able to switch to a melonized gear. I'm going to drill the cam galley over to the gear for oiling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You could probably get by with a wire wheel and buff it off, be sure cam gear is not damaged, if motor is apart, check out distributer gear oiling mod on high flow dynamic/paul kane site. crane cams have polymer gears, i am running one on my Kaase kr2 cam, although not billet core.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont see the poly gear, do you have a part number? i have drilled the cam bearing over to the gear now. The cam looks good but i just tried it in the motor with just the cam and the distributor installled and i cant get the dist down and it binds bad. No wonder it took out the gear but i dont know why its binding. Im guessing the cam gear may be twisted or something. I tried 2 dist and they fit the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
"Tri-Tec Motorsports" is the company which is located just north of here in Swartz Creek, Michigan, (just west of Flint).
The gears are $125.00 each
Their phone number is 810-655-3900

www.TriTecMotorsports.com

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use one in my roller but not a billet roller not sure if same compatibility. I have had no issues with mine, I have inspected it many times. Use ford racing website to see proper procedure for gear/block pad spacing highly critical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts