460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away for awhile and am very impressed with the changes. Chilly did good.

I run a '82 Bronco, fresh 460, done right, Edelbrock heads, etc. This is my fourth 460 in the Bronco, after a starter 429 in 1986, and I've overcammed a fresh engine. I'm looking for an established custom grinder who can put the vehicle weight, engine specs, final drive ratio and desired performance envelope together in a grind. All specs regarding the engine and vehicle are documented, ready for someone to interpret into a cam.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I used Cam Motion

I just bought my cam from Cam Motion. Was going to use Cam Research but Scott was pretty rude when I called so I went with Cam Motion. They took just about every spec from my motor, car, tranny, type of use, and then shot me a quote for a cam that sounded good. $290 for a custom roller. Check em out, www.cammotion.com. Chris

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think Scott J, the Mad Porter, would be a very good choice. I don't have any personal experience with him, but I haven't heard one bad thing about him. http://reincarnation-automotive.com/
I have person experience with Mark @ MME and he is very good to deal with. He built me a hyd roller for my 351 Cleveland and I am more than satisfied with it. Just give him a call and he'll hook ya up. www.mmeracing.com

·
Premium Member
9,045 Posts
georged said:
I've been away for awhile and am very impressed with the changes. Chilly did good.

I run a '82 Bronco, fresh 460, done right, Edelbrock heads, etc. This is my fourth 460 in the Bronco, after a starter 429 in 1986, and I've overcammed a fresh engine. I'm looking for an established custom grinder who can put the vehicle weight, engine specs, final drive ratio and desired performance envelope together in a grind. All specs regarding the engine and vehicle are documented, ready for someone to interpret into a cam.

Thanks
Outline your combo in detail and then intended use and mabey I can help out...

8)

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Call Bill Metzger at LAZER Cams #1 (901)795-6000

·
Registered
623 Posts
Call Bullet Cams, tell John Partrige that Bob Carr or Jimmy Smith sent you.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Cam

Bullet Cams would be my choice. I've known John Partridge for over 25 years since his Lunati days. His also owns the complete Ultradyne catalog. He has a Berko CNC grinder. So if you don't see something you like he can custom grind just about anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts