460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has an Oil leak (he said is coming from the Left-hand valve cover) (NOT THE HEAD) 2004 6.0L.
He believes the valve cover gasket is leaking? I hear it's not likely...?

I think it's the CCV?

I'd like to see what the history on the vehicle is? Second owner, 104,000 miles.

VIN # ~ 1FTSW31PX3EC01268

thanks gents.

adam

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
wont fit in a pm or a post lol too big it says. You'll have to send me your email or something.

Those trucks are bad about the icp sensor leaking back there, looks to have been replaced already though. Dumb *** tech could have snapped or stripped a vc bolt, been into a few where this has happened already and had to fix someones bad repair work.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Like 12 lol, some just recalls. The icp recall was done, then fixed later for a leak. The recall sensors will do that....go figure. Pcm reprograms, has had some injectors, (typical) nothing major though really. I'd verify the leak source and take care of it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like 12 lol, some just recalls. The icp recall was done, then fixed later for a leak. The recall sensors will do that....go figure. Pcm reprograms, has had some injectors, (typical) nothing major though really. I'd verify the leak source and take care of it.
Thanks again.. I'll let him know....

big thumbs up!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts