460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like you boys south of the border are getting some good old fashioned Canadian weather just a little warmer than we had last week. Coldest since the early eighties, -30F or so and then the wind is going hit later today. Saw on the news this AM it is illegal to drive in the Indianapolis city limits unless its an emergency vehicle. It seems in Canada they can barely keep the drivers off the road when poor weather hits. Good luck and stay safe.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't know what's going on here in Winnipeg but we've only had one day the last 2 weeks that was warmer than -25. (Ambient temp, not windchill factored)
I have too much snow to clear with an open cab tractor for that crap.
We were colder than mars for Christ sake last week

Edit:
Should correct my location, thankfully I don't live anywhere near Timmins Ontario anymore

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I can't believe the amount of snow we have so far this winter in fact I'm tired of shoveling.

Went to Edmonton on the weekend and on the way back south to Calgary we hit a spot where it was -35, it's awful and I hate it. Supposed to hit +3 today ha from -27 yesterday ridiculous but I'm not complaining.

Winnipeg has been hit hard with cold I couldn't handle it that's for sure.

Almost time to head to the carribean for my winter get away and get some sun and sand.

D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
447 Posts
Here in Vancouver it's been above seasonal. Some the local ski hills aren't open yet due to the lack of snow.

Climate change is real, at least in our neck of the woods.

Randy

·
Registered
440 Posts
An hour South of Winnipeg, we had a -50 Windchill, which warmed to about -39 by the afternoon. Sure glad we canceled the rafter truck today. Found some indoor work, unheated, but at least it's out of the wind.

Derek.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
global warming ehh.....? maybe ole algore should make a trip to see how warm it is..??
If I knew I could help global warming I would leave my diesel running 24/7, but it seems to be doing the opposite. Lol. Counting the days till Florida.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Another furnace quit, after hours service call. :D
This cold weather ain't that bad after all. Lol, glad I stocked up on sequencers and relays. :cool:

Hell even the david brown started. Only took a little nose candy. Can't be that bad. Hydraulics took a while to move though. Lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yesterday was -32, today -6. Tomorrow they say back down to -30. Never know what your waking up to. Snow sure is nice for sledding!

If I could only get them all fixed!

Stay warm!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I guess I will stop griping about it being 29 here this morning in west central Florida!

I don't know how you guys function in that kind of insane cold. You are a much hardier breed than I.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know how you feel 7DMACH1. I live 40 mins west of you and its freezing with the wind. I honestly don't know how you guys do it with weather in the negative degrees! I think I would curl up in a ball and hibernate til spring!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey hey you Australians stay out of this. Lol

On a more serious note, is this your warm season right now?
It is our summer at the moment but we seem to be having a lot of cooler days than usual where I am.

I don't know how you stand that cold I'm sooking when it gets down to 25°F in the winter here. I'm with fordguy69, you guys are tougher than me. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts