460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had the second person lately tell me they cant even text .......... machine gun smiley..............................arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

·
Registered
671 Posts
Maybe he has a land line and not a cell phone.
arrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Lot of people dont,and dont like to.

text is ok ,but
I'd rather have them call me.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Text

Too many people text these days as far as I am concerned. All these I-phone whatevers and gadget bullcrap. At some point we have to get back to the basics. Still can't even get young people to show up on time ! Get an old school alarm clock and leave all this electronic reminder BS for 12 yr olds.

I barely got started,

Rant over Mark

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Texting is for girls. :p

Seriously though, I would never conduct business via text message, even if I did text, which I don't. I drew the line in the sand a few years ago when all this i-phone crap started coming around, then especially when they started putting GPS in all of them. Nothing but an old flip phone for me. I use it to make and receive phone calls...that's it. And the phone gets turned off when I'm out to eat with my wife, or doing something with my friends.

I also drive a 1970 F100 and listen to AM radio. Thinking about starting my own religion based in pre-1975 technology. Like the Amish with a little up-dating.

:D

·
Registered
869 Posts
I do text, but I wouldn't do a business transaction with it. I feel I need to hear the person's voice before I exchange anything having to do with money. You can't tell a person's demeanor through a typed message....I definitely wouldn't give someone crap about not texting, though.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I do business and use it for lots of communicating, technology is not going away and neither is communicating.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
370 Posts
Texting is great for sending a message that does not need immediate attention. Say, the Mrs. wants you to bring home some milk or wants me to pick up the kids after work. No need to interrupt what I am doing, I can check what she wrote when I get the time. I don't think that I would want to conduct business via texts though, of course if you did you would then have a record of what was discussed.

Jess

1 - 10 of 10 Posts