460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

For some reason my pics wont open all the way up.

When Im logged in and click on a pic, the screen shades over and sops right there.

Thanks

·
Administrator
246 Posts
Hey,

What browser/device are you using? I tested the site on Chrome on Windows 10 and couldn't replicate the issue. Can you seed me a link to a thread where this issue happens? Are you using any plugins like script or ad blockers?

Niall

·
Registered
504 Posts
Photos in Posts don't display

This happens to me as well. Not just this forum.

I'm not sure what is blocking the photos (pop-up blocker?). I'm on Win10 with IE11 browser.

If I look at the address bar there is a blue circle with a slash threw it. Hovering on that bring up a message "some content is blocked to protect your privacy", clicking on it allows me to "turn of all filtering". However turning off filtering still doesnt let photo display (just darkens half the screen).

And it says it "is blocking 355 services" - what's that all about? Are there 355 ads/trackers/whatever on this forum (allowed by the forum)? I don't mind the forum having ads on the sides (the forum owners need to make money) but 355?

·
Administrator
246 Posts
I've tested with IE and the site seems to work for me fine. are you able to see the images below? Are you using any ad blockers? If so can you follow these steps it should allow you to still have the ad blocker turned on but shouldn't affect the site:

-visit our main site VerticalScope.com with your adblockers turned on.
-go in to the settings and disable the program for that site.
-this should carry over globally across any VS domains.

If that doesn't work, let us know what adblocker you're using and I'll post more specific details.

Niall

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've tested with IE and the site seems to work for me fine. are you able to see the images below? Are you using any ad blockers? If so can you follow these steps it should allow you to still have the ad blocker turned on but shouldn't affect the site:

-visit our main site VerticalScope.com with your adblockers turned on.
-go in to the settings and disable the program for that site.
-this should carry over globally across any VS domains.

If that doesn't work, let us know what adblocker you're using and I'll post more specific details.

Niall

I can see both images. But when I place my mouse over the "thumbnail", the screen goes to fade rather than display the thumbnail full size. I have turned off all the filtering and blocking.
It's not just this forum. it happens elsewhere but my work computer will display the thumbnail full size.

So its some Windows security setting - I just don't know which one.

·
Administrator
246 Posts
Hey there,

When you say you put your mouse over the image, you do not click the image and the page dims as if a grey filter appeared over it?
What happens when you click on it?

What browser are you using?

Richard.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Found work around to display full size image

First, I was wrong about saying the pictures display full size on my work computer. My office computer uses Google Chrome which does display the thumbnail full size - but if I switch to IE, the pictures doesn't display. The top half of screen just fades out when you hoover over the thumbnail, just like with my home computer

The workaround for IE users, is to go to the "User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options" and uncheck the box for "Show Images".

Then when viewing a thread with images, instead of showing a "thumbnail" of the image, the thread shows the "link" for the image. When clicking on the link the photo displays full size. Then you just need to use the browser back button to return to the thread after viewing the photo.

So you loose the "thumbnail" but you get the full size image.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts