460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put some numbers on my car for drag racing, kinda tired of the shoe polish stuff. is there a method to this or can I just pick a letter and number ?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Is your home track NHRA or IHRA or Unsanctioned? The reason I ask is because it does make a difference on what number you can run. If you run points & would like to go to the E.T. Finals especially.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Like was said, it all depends what class you plan to compete in.(Example)If you run bracket you cou could run 1967. If someone else at that event already has that #, you could just add a C for cougar.1967C. Or whatever # you prefer. Rick

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Join NHRA and they give you a permanant number, you just have to renew ikt every 2 or how many years you pay for. Get a cool weekly magazine to boot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
powerstrokeace said:
Jon
don't forget all the medical insurance that goes along with the weekly paper of the NATIONAL DRAGSTER

Ace
What does the medical insurance cover? I have my bandimere number P990, but if i get a NHRA number, what happens then? Do i use that instead?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
you will use the NHRA number for the ET classes. I run 2 cars up there and and one is for super comp and the other is a super pro/pro ET car. as for Medical coverage I beleive it will cover p to $250,000 if you are hurt at a NHRA saction track. Go to www.nhra.com and look it up. Also if you ever make a ET divional race you must have a NHRA number as well.
Ace

·
Registered
47 Posts
powerstrokeace said:
you will use the NHRA number for the ET classes. I run 2 cars up there and and one is for super comp and the other is a super pro/pro ET car. as for Medical coverage I beleive it will cover p to $250,000 if you are hurt at a NHRA saction track. Go to www.nhra.com and look it up. Also if you ever make a ET divional race you must have a NHRA number as well.
Ace
I have run in the the High School classes typically, but plan on running Pro ET next season in addition to the high school class...

Sounds like i might have to do this...

Thanks, that medical insurance seems like its a good enough incentive to do it no matter what...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like NHRA is the way to go. I was thinking about bracket racing or running What they call the Pro Street Shoot out here at our track. I think Jon is pretty knowed up on our track :lol:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
You could run the real street class, we made a lot of money with our 81 back in the day running that class. It got to fast to run it, an 11.70 car will do real good, gives you enough but not too much to run the 11.99 index.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
caution on the medical! it only kicks in after you have exhausted all your finances ,in other words ,after your completely broke then it will kickin
Frank

·
Registered
126 Posts
nhra starts there numbers buy what division you live in.
if you live in division 1 your number will start with 1.I live in division 3
my number starts with 3.you half to be a member to get a number
you can just apply for a number if you are running brackets.
but if you are going to run a class you will need a competition license
and once you get your license you will get a number assigned to you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts