460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i guess it is possible that it came from a 80 and up truck. i should have looked closer at the pan. does anyone know what this came out of? the ps and a/c bracket is throwing me off. i havent seen one like this before. well i have once. but not with a/c. and it had been transplanted into a 68 F100.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The casting number for the block would be onthe side behind the starter. The D9te would be the later model block, c8,c9,do, or d1 would be early if that helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It looks to me like it's off a 75-78 Lincoln Continental/ Mark V. I have a continental with a 460 and the brackets all look exactly like that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good thank you. forsoem reason i was beginning to think it was out of a 80' model truck. im goign to check another 80 something truck tomorrow and find out for sure. the oil pan should also give me a clue to car or truck i think.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how dumb of me. i went to the autozone web site and looked up a picture of the motor moutn for a 75 mark4 and it looks exactly like the one in my above picture. so now i know it didnt come from a truck. and it is a lincoln engine. thank you again.

·
Premium Member
5,588 Posts
Bassed on the accessory layout, accessory brackets, distributor, carburetor, lack of thermactor passages, and emissions label, I would say it is positively a 1973 429 or 460.

Paul

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
The MM are definitely 72 to 76 t bird or 72 to 79 mark...

They are the only combos i have seen that utilise that accessory bracket layout and saginaw pump....

Those motor mounts will allow that engine to drop into any 72 to 76 torino or montego or ranchero
74 to 79 cougar
77 to 79 cougar, ltd 2 or thunderbird or ranchero

SAVE THEM !!!

:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
save them? these can be bought new at the parts stores. i did find a set on ebay nos for 200.00. i also seen another similar set for 5.00. i may or may not get them. i dont know. no one seems to want to buy anythign i save any more. do you want them? or anyone else?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
that engine could not possibly come out of a 1980 truck. (as OEM)
460 were not available in the trucks from 80-82, and it has a front sump pan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts