460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know who makes a intake for a 1988 460. I have seen the convention kits but I would like an aftermarket intake if possible. Don't want to change heads. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,734 Posts
Does anyone have or know who makes a intake for a 1988 460. I have seen the convention kits but I would like an aftermarket intake if possible. Don't want to change heads. Thx.

There are no aftermarket intakes available for the EFI cylinder heads.
Having said that the factory intake is quite good when converted with an adapter. Our 460 efi crate engines make 400+ hp with our equalizer adapter (1 3/4" instead of the std 1 5/8") and our 545 efi crate engine makes 475 to 500 hp with the same adapter.

If you are ramping up the power opening the last 1.5" of the runner exit where it is pinched will help as well.

The E7 heads have a small 1.980" intake valve that limits breathing at higher RPM.

S

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I think I might be doing heads and intake now. All the bolts are breaking off in the head. Do u offer a kit

·
Premium Member
8,734 Posts
Well I think I might be doing heads and intake now. All the bolts are breaking off in the head. Do u offer a kit

Feel free to email me or telephone me. We can spec out a top end kit to suit your needs.

Contact info in signature line.

S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts