Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

We will be racing the BITD series in the 8100 stock production class. It is very competative and there are 15 trucks in the class. Our first race this season is the Terribles Town 250.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not terribly familiar with off-road racing. Is this Baja type stuff....top speed on the sand or something different. This done maily in the Southwest. nice looking rig. you have some websites for this kind if stuff? You've peaked my curiosity. As a Texan, Trucks are a big part of life here, never thought of combining racing with them though.

Bill

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Very nice! Looks like a cross between Baja and a Prerunner.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bonfire said:
Not terribly familiar with off-road racing. Is this Baja type stuff....top speed on the sand or something different. This done maily in the Southwest. nice looking rig. you have some websites for this kind if stuff? You've peaked my curiosity. As a Texan, Trucks are a big part of life here, never thought of combining racing with them though.

Bill
Well I could use a hand in our next race if you want to come out !!!
We will be racing in the Teribles Town 250 on the 28th of this month. I have spent to last week working on the truck prepping it for the race. I opted to run my daughters .020 over 460 (D9TE) that we ran in the last boat race. It proved to be a very solid engine. I did change the cam to one that has worked very well for use in the past, Crane Cams 272 Power Max. The heads are stock, stamped steel rockers, stock sized D3 valves. This engine is nothing special but it will get us through the racing till the .030 429 is completed. It was very nice to sit in the seat of the old Ford today, with the engine running.

If anyone is interested please give me a call or just come out.

Thank you
Jim/CBR
928-704-1858
[email protected]

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Danny Cabral said:
Very nice! Looks like a cross between Baja and a Prerunner.
Thank you, it is what they call a 8100, stock full, stock production, heavy metal.
I chose this class because Ford is a big suporter. If we win our class Ford will write us a check for $5K !!! The sad thing is that is only half, being we are running a older truck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I likey too, I likey alot...

I'm torn between doing this, or making a street and strip machine out of my 'fun' truck when I get money.

-Eli

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wow I need to find and post thoughs pictures again.
Pictures are reloaded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts