460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone found a solution to make it easier to change plugs on a A-460 motor in a fox body? I am ready to drop my BBF in a GM car if I can't figure something out.:mad: I can't do a tube chassis or a mustang 2 conversion. S/S Rules.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
years ago i had a cust with a 73 mach1 we did a c headed engine for.WAB that was,the fastest we got it done was about 2.hours at the track, towers are now gone, 10 min's if that

·
Registered
43 Posts
years ago i had a cust with a 73 mach1 we did a c headed engine for.WAB that was,the fastest we got it done was about 2.hours at the track, towers are now gone, 10 min's if that
2 Hours in a 73 mach 1? Cut the towers and now it take's 10min?
Why did it take you 2 hrs with tower's in??

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
IVE SEEN SEVERAL TT5 GUYS WITH LARGE HOLES IN THE SHOCK TOWERS AND INNER FENDER AND ITS A BREEZE ......

www.429-460.com
"HOME OF THE FASTEST BIG BLOCKS"
This is a huge time saver. My car is not cut, but I'm gonna do it for qwk changes at the track. Right now I can change them in about 20 minutes...but we built the headers.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
2 Hours in a 73 mach 1? Cut the towers and now it take's 10min?
Why did it take you 2 hrs with tower's in??
It was the first time .Was just a little less then 2 because it was such a p i t a, 2 1/4 headers were really in the way,It got quicker the more we did it, Now its easy,lol EVER CHANGE PLUGS IN A C HEAD car with towers? I feel sorry for those who do not fun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
IVE SEEN SEVERAL TT5 GUYS WITH LARGE HOLES IN THE SHOCK TOWERS AND INNER FENDER AND ITS A BREEZE ......

www.429-460.com
"HOME OF THE FASTEST BIG BLOCKS"
Exactly.........Just blast some holes in there a little bit bigger than the socket, if you are worried about the structure, just weld some big washers around the holes....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts