460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie

I was thinking the other day why don't you offer TFS heads thru summit with your CNC port job already accomplished. Like Pat Musi does with his chevy stuff?
Is it a issue with volume or ??

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Charlie

I was thinking the other day why don't you offer TFS heads thru summit with your CNC port job already accomplished. Like Pat Musi does with his chevy stuff?
Is it a issue with volume or ??

Thanks

Tom
Tom,

Good question, as for the answer, "logistics" is the main reason. Northeastern Ohio vs. Western Kentucky. As you know, Lem is a TFS dealer and we both work back and forth with TFS in order to improve the product. I believe we have a good working relationship with them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok

Yup, you have everything in place already.
One more dumb question, can you guys patent your camshaft profiles? Has anyone ever done that?

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Yes, they do. Trick Flow Specialities was started by Mike and Rick Smith in Orrville, OH. They were Ford lovers at heart and their focus was on cylinder heads and intake manifolds for the BBF. Then years later they sold it to Summit in Tallmadge, OH.
Wow, thats very interesting. I didn't know that Summit actually owned any of the brands they sold, I thought they were just sales. I guess thats why TFS now covers lots of Brand X stuff too.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts