460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in from Great river road raceway in Dyersburg tenn . The old school bus motor propelled the old mustang to 122.3 mph , quickest car there and runner up finish (had to eat a hamburger in the final round while staging :shock: ) I figure a couple more races and this old thing will pay for itself :lol: I am about ready to put the 4:30 gears in it and see what it will do.

Oh yea almost forgot I ran a gentleman with a Reyer Morrison built BBC (he said) and had him covered by 3 1/2 tenths. He said I came around him like a jet :lol: . Ok I am through bragging now 8)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, yes it felt good to be the quickest car there, first time for me. I was having problems getting my helment on lol. Casey ,yea I am still thinking of changing the set up a bit. Its never pulled a front tire yet with 1.22 -1.25 60 ' times . I have got to work the next 2 weekends so I will have plenty of time to tinker with it .

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Congratulations Randy! :lol: We're proud of you. Like I said, that engine has been in the family for years. Lem, Phillip and I have all owned it at one time or another, and then I freshened it up. Let's give credit to Lem's TFS Street heads, the cam, and most of all, to your rock & roll car!! :wink:

Keep up the good work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts