460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Cheap Sheet Metal Intake

I don't think such a thing exits... LOL!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
intake

the cheapest one will be the one you build your self , I built my own , at about $400 for the raw material , it's cheap that way if you don't include the 200 hours bending runners and tigging it all together
Frank

T

·
0 Posts
I agree

I think the average going price for a typical intake would be $2300-$2500.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Cheap cheap sounds like birds

I think you might want to look at Charlie's lastpost at the other sight where the sheetmetal didn't workas good as the old TFS tunnel ram. You are better off welding on a cast intake and flowing it. less investment with a marginal to good return, not $2000..plus with no gain
You get what you pay for CFE is doing a new intake to go along with my new set of Thor heads

·
8,522 Posts
I bought a fabbed manifold back in the late 80s . It would not have been cheap if it was $150 . P O S that was only good for keeping the oil inside the engine . Bottom line , IMO , is not to buy one unless you know someone that has ran the design with good results .
Somethings are not cheap at any price .

·
Registered
63 Posts
e-bay intake

stay away from that intake on e-bay!!! If you look at the photos in the extra pictures, you can see where the verticle back and front walls are right at the edge of the port. That will mess up your fuel distribution considerably.There needs to be a 90 deg turn at the mouth of the port to match the rest of them.Basically the plenum is not long enough, and there is usually a stagger ,so both sides are the same.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ebay Inatke

The runers are too short on that one. A Weiand would run just as good if not better. What type of performance are you looking for? ET, HP, RPM?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts