460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I will be posting this in the general area too. I ahve a chance to pick up a FEW 460 motors. They are used but the all came off a generator. They ran LPG(propane) and were maintained to the best of my knowledge. What I am wondering is if there would be interest in anyone buying one of these engines for 400 dollars or possibly less if I can worka deal on the whole lot.? SO let me know if anyone might be interested.

I am going to check them out tomorrow but I do know they are complete from intake to pan.

·
Registered
515 Posts
This probably belongs in the sale area. It is not a good idea to post the same thing in multiple forums. Most of us flip through them all & seeing the same stuff in 2 or 3 places is annoying.

S

·
0 Posts
bagel51 said:
Okay I will be posting this in the general area too. I ahve a chance to pick up a FEW 460 motors. They are used but the all came off a generator. They ran LPG(propane) and were maintained to the best of my knowledge. What I am wondering is if there would be interest in anyone buying one of these engines for 400 dollars or possibly less if I can worka deal on the whole lot.? SO let me know if anyone might be interested.

I am going to check them out tomorrow but I do know they are complete from intake to pan.
Stupid comment and I won't mention who... If it's the same engine I got then they are 521 CI

Awesome bagel51 !

Contact me!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might be able to do a week or so. The bad news is I just found out I can't go look at them until sat. But I will keep this link up to date as soon as I find out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay stupid question here but how do I check to see if it is a 521 ci? I assume bore and stroke but what exactly are the differences between a 460 and 521?

·
Registered
176 Posts
not 100% sure, but i assume that 61Ci displacement can only be achieved by a stroker, so you can measure the stroke on the crank, or check it's casting numbers...
But: when were you able to deliver them?

·
Registered
515 Posts
This is why we don't post multiple threads with the same subject... Yes, I knew who the comment was pointed toward. Reason I mentioned it is that this new guy did this TWICE in one day. 2 threads each for 2 different subjects...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Delivery time ...I made a post yesterday I might be able to deliver as soon as next week. Once I know for sure I will let the board know.

Second I am sorry if I offended anyone by post in this twice. But since I wasn't sure were it would fit best I put it in both. Now I have gotten responces from both BUT if itis a big problem I will Gladly close a thread. I am not looking to start a big problem and I have gotten a lot of info from this site and everyone has been helpful. BUT once aain if this bothers some too much I will close a thread.

BUT before I do I would like to make one point. I may have posted the thread twice in order to get the best responce I could because I was looking to help others with what I thought would be/is a good deal on some motors...And it appartently upset some...My point is this do you get as upset about with people who don't do complete searches and the same question comes up over and over again? I mean the same info does get repeated on multiple threads here correct?? Sometimes with links to other threads to answer questions?? Atleast I wasn't trying to hide it I made the subject of the posts almost the same so people would realize there were two post. I guess it would have been okay if I had changed the wording between the two??

Anyway Keep the info and inquiriers coming. I will update BOTH(as long as they are up) with any info I get on the motors including the delivery time

Dutchlincoln are you still interested if they are just 460's?

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
bagel51 said:
Delivery time ...I made a post yesterday I might be able to deliver as soon as next week. Once I know for sure I will let the board know.

Second I am sorry if I offended anyone by post in this twice. But since I wasn't sure were it would fit best I put it in both. Now I have gotten responces from both BUT if itis a big problem I will Gladly close a thread. I am not looking to start a big problem and I have gotten a lot of info from this site and everyone has been helpful. BUT once aain if this bothers some too much I will close a thread.

BUT before I do I would like to make one point. I may have posted the thread twice in order to get the best responce I could because I was looking to help others with what I thought would be/is a good deal on some motors...And it appartently upset some...My point is this do you get as upset about with people who don't do complete searches and the same question comes up over and over again? I mean the same info does get repeated on multiple threads here correct?? Sometimes with links to other threads to answer questions?? Atleast I wasn't trying to hide it I made the subject of the posts almost the same so people would realize there were two post. I guess it would have been okay if I had changed the wording between the two??

Anyway Keep the info and inquiriers coming. I will update BOTH(as long as they are up) with any info I get on the motors including the delivery time

Dutchlincoln are you still interested if they are just 460's?
Everyone visits all forum areas eventually. Don't worry it didn't hurt my feelings. I just move them where I think they belong, sometimes people might not agree, but I know deep down inside they have that shimmer of hope that knows that! I Have already forgotton about it! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts