460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually starting this one a lil late to the party, I first got her in April from a couple who bought the car "as is" and never fooled with it, therefore never cranked her up or even heard her run. First thing I had to do was replaced the rotten fuel tank and put a proper fuel pump in it. Previous previous owner had replaced it with a straw.... sigh.. then 2 weeks tracing down wiring to get power back to the pump re routing fuel hose.. scrubbing under the valve covers and all the valve train I could get to.. new dizzy, rebuild the carb... Glass for the door... Have a danm pacemaker installed then a week in hospital with pneumonia..... sigh..... Anyhoooooo....... Did I forget to mention that I'm disabled on top of all this? So it's like work 2 days, spend 4 days trying to recover from that.. (shot spine) Back to the story!!! As of last Saturday it was ready for contact!!! I've got a link I can post showing the very first time we (me an my x-wife) tried to fire Cherry Bomb up!! Mind you, this was the very first (not rehearsed!!) attempt to fire up an engine that's not run in almost 11 years!!!! Without further adeu... I give you all the re-birth!!! Of Cherry Bomb!!!

Thank you for your support!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crap... Just realized I shoulda put in a few pics of her...
IMG_20201212_144702218.jpg

Had to take hood off cause the HEI I got for it was too high for the hood, I really didn't want the weight of the hood sitting on it...

IMG_20201212_144646994.jpg

I named her Cherry Bomb cause underneath she's really cherry!! No rust, nothing bent or twisted, all the body panels even still have the original VIN stickers on em! Car has 97,000 original miles on her. The interior is in reality good shape too!! The only thing the inside really needs is a headliner cause that's shot and the door panels need work, the armrests and pockets on the doors are shot, but on a foxbody that's not uncommon... She's even got a sunroof!! It was originally a 4cyl car and it came from NC so I think that's why no rust...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I've got plans for her!!! I mentioned elsewhere on here that she's got a C6 with the right bellhousing pattern to fit this!!
IMG_20201109_131802784.jpg

460 out of a 94 F-350!! Complete with the serpentine belt drive!! Gnna sell the heads, intake, and the computer that came w it in the future tho... Supposed to have about 150,000 miles on her but that's not gnna matter cause I'm gnna go thru it anyhoo... .030 if it needs it, eddy or TFS heads to drop some weight and better intake availability... A few HP's too lol! Looking for around 500 to 525 reliable out if it.. I know at that level it's no stress on the motor, just gotta get the rest of the car right for it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts