460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen? On july 7 as a promo for the MLB all star game Bigfoot was sporting a Chevy body and engine. I know that Ford dropped their sponsorship in 07 but some things you just don't do. This may be old news to some of you but I just saw it. Sponsor or not Bigfoot is not Bigfoot if its not Ford. I'm heartbroken

·
Registered
631 Posts
just went to the bigfoot website, yes its a chevy but they built it just for the allstar and because chevy sponsers the game. Their main trucks are still FORD. Hope that helps some

·
Registered
733 Posts
Unfortunately monster truck racing just isn't what it used to be, and what we call a monster "truck" just isn't a truck anymore either. Blue thunder, a Ford, has a Merlin engine. Not sure the whole deal but I know Chandler and Ford must not have been agreeing on much towards the end. Gotta go where the money is, monster truck racing is a business like any other.

I've even heard my Chevy buddies say that the Chevy Bigfoot is just plain wrong lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would guess that Ford dropped Bigfoot due to the fact that it is not on TV very much IE monster jam thus It defeats the purpose of sponsorship. But I still would not back a chevy powered truck!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
just went to the bigfoot website, yes its a chevy but they built it just for the allstar and because chevy sponsers the game. Their main trucks are still FORD. Hope that helps some
Just a 1 time thing. No reason to freak out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts