460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you sell a 66 Ford LTD to a guy in N.C. a couple years back?
Just wondering if you are the same guy. You had a killer 4x4 with a 460 with CJ heads on it we looked at when we picked up the car, if it is you.
clint

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Hey Clint -

Yes, same guy. I remember you, I believe you were running a 351w in your truck?

My 4x4 actually had a 390 with Edelbrock heads on it, never had a 460 in it, but it was a long time ago! Glad to see you made it over here.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Chilly, how did the E heads work? I've been thinking of juicing up my old 390 in my F250 rather than swap to a 460, and I was thinking of the E heads. The only thing stopping me is the price - over $2000 US from what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The Ebrocks sell for $1250 for an assembled pair in Jegs. I think this is a very good deal if you look at the price of doing up a set of FE heads completely that will flow with the edelbrocks.

They worked well, only complaints is they didn't come with any sort of spring cup, and the valve job was pretty bad.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Chillie, it's kind of weird that I thought that was you anyway. Yes I HAD a 351w in my 71 F100 until last week. I had been reading this forum too much and found a deal on a stock 76 460 and 2 c-6's and dropped it in last week with a 3.0 rear gear. Likeing it alot so far.
I put some new seals and gaskets and an early timing set in it. I will try to do some more upgrades too it when money permits. It is a d1 block with d3 heads
clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts