460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is this forum going to hell real quick like? It seems like every post turns into a pissing contest or a trash talking section. It's gonna ruin this forum if it doesn't get stopped. Jones was trying to do a good job of it until people starting bashing him about his moderating. I can't really blame him for saying "screw this". Chilly, how about creating a special section just for the B.S. and keep it out of the stuff it doesn't pertain to. When I come here to read technical info or just to keep up w/ other members builds, I don't wanna see a guy get bashed or ganged up on by the "cheerleaders". I'm sure others here feel the same way..............Once again, just my .02 worth

·
Registered
510 Posts
I agree 100%! I may have little to offer in most instances, being far less learned than the majority of posters here. I do however, try to give a respectful answer when the time arises. I also realize that to gain respect, you most also give respect. I have no problem with a person defending a buddy, or a good buisness. However, lately when someone asks a question, it's always, "Yeah, get this or get a better that...or maybe,"Well, go back to where you bought it from". While I believe that using any of the more knowledgeable vendors here is EXTREMELY wise, some still choose not to. Then, coming here for assistance AFTER having a problem, seems commonplace. All too often, the dollar dictates this, unfortunately. All things being said, if you choose NOT to buy from a vendor here, but then come seeking guidance, you may get a less than favorable response. But, by the same token, maybe we can let some of the replies be more civil, instead of making someone feel unwanted, or unintelligent. Just MY .02 worth.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
Have a section like Yellowbullet.com called "Trash or be trashed". Anything's fair game there & it does keep alot of BS out of the tech sections. :D
Good idea !

I too enjoy this forum mostly for tech info. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've gained more insight in the short time I've been here than I have gotten on any other site, for sure. I'd hate to see it go down the drain for whatever reasons, the knowledge of the members of this forum have pretty much saved my *** already. I'm all for whatever it takes.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
My .02

Why have a trash or be trashed section?? This isn't a big enough site to be able to have a section like that and not expect it to spill over into the other forums.

I think the website is doing fine! I have read on another website where a forum member said that we where being anal.

Everyone has bad days, Heck they could have asked a question and caught randy in a bad mood! :lol:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I thought Chilly's was the place for trash talking? I thought most of the other sections were for your info? I'd thought about running a 460ford.com sticker on my car, but if I'm one of the people you guys are referring to ,I defiantly don't want my car to be associated with you guys :x

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Big Hurt -
Some understanding is needed from both sides of the fence.

To often when people come on here after buying anything somewhere else it is NOT just to ask a question or rectify his unfortunate situation but, instead to complain about how bad he got it and now hopes for someone here to HELP him because now he has no money left and whatever company just won't DO anything more for him.

Well, simple rectifications and questions about how to move forward are certainly NO PROBLEM at all HOWEVER, crying "foul" and expecting the vendors on here to feel that person's pain just isn't gonna happen.

Personally, I try to answer the question asked, (when there is ACTUALLY a question which has a straightforward answer),
A lot of times someone will ask a question - then argue with the answer - not liking the answer is no reason to start an arguement, simply wait for more answers.

I agree that some kind of etiquet is needed and maybe another venue simply for people to vent about 385 Ford happenings.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
56tbird said:
I thought Chilly's was the place for trash talking? I thought most of the other sections were for your info? I'd thought about running a 460ford.com sticker on my car, but if I'm one of the people you guys are referring to ,I defiantly don't want my car to be associated with you guys :x

x2

and i have the sticker already !!!!

i feel i leave the trash talking to chillys garage ----
i also feel i give a lot of info this site so other people can learn by my mistakes !!!!

oh and buy the way its not trash talking if its TRUE !!!

]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
56tbird said:
I think the Smack talk is fine and great! I actually feel like it's a good thing!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
X2 I'm with Jones on the smack talk. Dan, Bruno, D,and the others you guys keep me rolling on the floor with your smack talking each other. :lol: Let's not get too hard on the guys here, every once in a while the air needs cleaned and the cobwebs swept. Randy M put it well too, if there is a straightforward answer, you will get it, and don't start pissin about the answer you got. We have the best of the best when it comes to guys willing to offer (FOR FREE) the most competent, and knowlegable advice you are ever going to find. Randy B has moments like all of us do, his answers get bashed for being snotty or arrogant once in a while, but he tells the truth from experience, and his posts can be misread by the uninitiated. Yes there are some cheerleaders here for a few individuals, but they have earned the respect of many by doing honest business and giving solid advice. They earned their "cheer squad" this way. If you have a dissenting arguement with what they put up, offer better advice, if you can. 8) I would never in my lifetime have achieved what I have for a motor and combo now without the help of the guys here, and I thank every one of you. All you smack talkers keep me laughing please. :lol:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Well Rick , I guess nobody will be associating with you or me now at the Bash.... :cry: We're the bad guys now. You made a statement & a suggestion & I made a suggestion. Oh well, I guess we will be in the "outcast" section" at the Bash... :lol:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Huh?

I really haven't noticed too much smack talk here. At least not like I see on other sites where you can get eaten alive and left for bones in the blink of an eye.

This place is calm IMO.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
BigBlockRanger said:
Huh?

I really haven't noticed too much smack talk here. At least not like I see on other sites where you can get eaten alive and left for bones in the blink of an eye.

This place is calm IMO.
That is true.. I was just trying to be sarcastic .. :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
Well Rick , I guess nobody will be associating with you or me now at the Bash.... :cry: We're the bad guys now. You made a statement & a suggestion & I made a suggestion. Oh well, I guess we will be in the "outcast" section" at the Bash... :lol:
Can I join ya'll too!

We are all outcast, just depends on who you ask. We all have one thing in common though.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TopSportsman916 said:
double post/ never mind see below.........

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TopSportsman916 said:
no skin off my ***. :D I was just offering my opinion. you should know me well enough by now that if I have something to say, I usually don't suger-coat it and am not afraid to tell someone what I think

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Fordtek1 said:
I don't wanna see a guy get bashed or ganged up on by the "cheerleaders". I'm sure others here feel the same way..............Once again, just my .02 worth
I cannot disagree with that, it has been the base of the majority of my disagreements on the sight and lead me to defend more than a few times .I understand their devotion and respect to the people who give to the site on a “constant” everyday basis. At the same time their comments and devotion cannot discourage those new members who may come to be another provided to the site.

I agree with “Jones” this is a small site, I don’t think a “trash section” would get used well and may spill into the other forum sections as well .. I really don’t think the site had a real problem when Jones was moderating and I don’t think it has a real problem now.

Dan ..I think we need to define “trash talking” what Bruno and you guys do is innocent fun, have at it and it has entertainment value for yourselves and others. There is nothing disrespectful about it and you are all good friends partly because of it. Jmo

1 - 20 of 51 Posts