460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking for your pictures of your cool detailed big block. I want to see shinny chrome & aluminum, how you routed plug wires, braided hoses? I need ideas, I want it to look fast when I open the hood on a 56 F100

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Buck, Looking good. What color blue are you using? Prep work? Thanks for the reply. Come on the rest of you guys, don't hold out on me, show us what you got.

Registered
Hey Buck, Looking good. What color blue are you using? Prep work? Thanks for the reply. Come on the rest of you guys, don't hold out on me, show us what you got.
Thank you. I custom mixed the blue paint back in 2000 with silver mica, really sparkles in the sun.
I spent a lot of hours getting the fiberglass straight, sprayed two coats a sealer, tinted the epoxy sealer with the blue, blocked sanded many hours, laid down two coats of color and four coats of clear. I'm sure I sanded and buffed off two coats. Was very happy with the turnout. 馃榿

I bought a industrial sander and buffer to sand & polish the aluminum parts I built and a few I bought. I machined several I on a friends CNC.

Registered
I like the motor plate. Reminds me of our sprint car motor plate years ago.馃槑
Is that your dyno room ?

CHROME RULES !!! 馃憤 馃榾
That is a Keith Fulp engine plate that i modified to fit my needs. Unfortunately that is not my dyno, it鈥檚 at my local machine shop here in SE Michigan.

Registered
I went the other way. No chrome. No polish. All black hoses/lines more like OEM. Ford blue air cleaner and valve covers.
Guess I saw too many 'if it don't go chrome it' Camaros in the 80 and 90s.
But perhaps some ideas on accessories.

Reactions: Werecow

Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
Oh I get what you mean @rattle_snake shiny stuff means more to clean and polish IMHO, Don't get me wrong, I like seeing em with the shiny and sparkle in the sun, all that chrome and aluminum looks really nice when it's done right!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts