460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a Circular Saw, nothing fancy and it will only get used a couple times a year. Tired of borrowing Dad's saw ;)

I've been briefly looking at some Craftsman Saws as well as Dewalt. So what kind of circular saw do you own and or recommend?

Remember, I don't need a $200 to $400 Pro Carpenter saw ;) I'm looking at $100 or less...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Find one at the flea market....

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have one here at the shop that I got at Home Depot for $40.00. It works fine.

I also have several at home that cost over $300.00. They work fine too.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
The only wood cuttin' tool I have a use for is a chainsaw.
Sawsall will work too, and you can use it to knock down a tree or saw a car in half.:D
Damon, I'd look at any flea market or farm sale, there are usually a couple for sale and they almost always work and rarely bring more than $5-10.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I have a craftsman, a Black and Decker, and one porter cable...

Randy
You need to send Damon one you can't use them all at one time..........:D

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've got a Craftsman that cost $59 on sale and it get's the job done. I'm not much of a carpenter. so I'm not going to waste my money on top line wood tools. It has good power, has a laser to show the cut line (somewhat useful) and came with a storage case and was cheap
Gary.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
SKILL from lowes 39.99 that about all i use one works good I got tired of borrowing one when needed one

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I personally DOnt care for any of the brand mentioned, I use Makitia (excuss my spelling)

·
Registered
690 Posts
I mostly sell Dewalt so thats what I push. They have the best kickbacks :D

For a cheap saw that works decent look for a Skill #5400 or 5450 for a little over $50. Dewalt Makita Milwaukee Porter Cable etc saws all run $100+

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have 2 makita saws. One of them has been dropped off roofs, ladders,etc and other than some battle scars keeps going.
The other saw stays on the ground.
I purchased both of them in the mid 80's.
Sears has them for $89.99 which is cheaper than I paid in the 80's.

mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
pos saw

I'm shopping for a Circular Saw, nothing fancy and it will only get used a couple times a year. Tired of borrowing Dad's saw ;)

I've been briefly looking at some Craftsman Saws as well as Dewalt. So what kind of circular saw do you own and or recommend?

Remember, I don't need a $200 to $400 Pro Carpenter saw ;) I'm looking at $100 or less...
I've got a pos 7 1/4 circlular saw for free if you want to drive to get it in northern Indiana)LOL). Otherwise go to a flea market as suggected in other threads for some go deals.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've got Makita, Dewalt, and Milwaukee, all great saws but I like the Milwaukee best. It's like any other tool purchase, you get what you pay for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts