1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being polite, but a lot of this PC is really PI$$ING me off. I thought this country was based on a system of freedoms, and the right of freedom of speech was at the top of that list.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
i thought it was a cool old style movie. i just watched Taken also.....thats a kill everyone from the bottom to the top of the chain movie, u should check that one also. no eastwood though, he has always been a guy to do what he wants and not get into the whole hollywood PC b.s........which is why he is a 79 year old bad *** still-

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I totally agree... Political Correctness has over stepped it's own boundaries... For instance, I went to school with a black kid named Kevin... He told some of the funniest race jokes I ever heard... It didn't matter if it was about Blacks, Whites, Indians, Mexicans, etc... He always said if you can't laugh at yourself, as well as others, then you don't have a sense of humor....:D;)

Heaven forbid someone have a good laugh...:D

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I totally agree... Political Correctness has over stepped it's own boundaries... For instance, I went to school with a black kid named Kevin... He told some of the funniest race jokes I ever heard... It didn't matter if it was about Blacks, Whites, Indians, Mexicans, etc... He always said if you can't laugh at yourself, as well as others, then you don't have a sense of humor....:D;)

Heaven forbid someone have a good laugh...:D

Doug...:cool:
That is very true, when you're amongst friends, it's when you're around other folks when the PC filter should kick in, but that's just basic good manners, really. The problem arises when certain people spew off something that is purposely offensive to another person based on race/religion/politics/etc.
I also get tired of the hyper-PC mentality, but at the same time try not to be hurtful or offensive to someone, but like I said, that's just basic good manners. Some folks also just need to get a thicker skin and laugh a little more.:cool:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I finally got to see the movie Gran Torino tonight. I was a little disappointed in the ending though, I guess Clint is going soft in his old age!:rolleyes: It wasn't quite what I expected.
Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts