460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 78 Bronco I am in the middle of at the moment and I am just screwed. I have a 460 in it and I replaced the head gaskets and had the heads reworked and I have reassembled everything made sure my Torques were right and bolt pattern was right and I have the timing set to the first cylinder I have checked the firing order so many times but when I try to start it it just cranks and the exhaust pops and wont run. I have a new Holley 600 Carb on it everything is stock Cam,Lifters and push rods New L&L headers is all I have put on it

Did I do something wrong?... I would really appreciate any input anyone may have

·
Registered
577 Posts
Firing order is counter clockwise,make sure no 1 is on the compression stroke.If adjustable,are the rockers adjusted correctly? Pull all the plug wires off except no 1,whirl it over and check initial timing,set to around 10 before TDC

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sounds like firing order or your ignition timing is massively off. If you are fairly new or this is your first engine "build", get someone to give you a hand. Probably a super easy fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like firing order or your ignition timing is massively off. If you are fairly new or this is your first engine "build", get someone to give you a hand. Probably a super easy fix.
Thanks yeah I think the best thing o do is to track down a good mobile Mechanic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts