460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cable runs forward,down, past fork, turns again back toward fork,thru a solid bracket and is nutted to fork. two turns ! fork does not move.
cable ?? my "rigup" ??? very hard push...no move...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one is going to require photos.
no way to get useable pix .??
cable leaves the firewall as normal, curves down as normal, goes past the fork on left side following the inner fender, turns back toward the front of car, outer jacket is fastened to a solid bracket thru a hole. the inner cable connects to the fork as normal.
a very hard push does not move fork...no slack, high pedal.

best i can do !!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no way to get useable pix .??
cable leaves the firewall as normal, curves down as normal, goes past the fork on left side following the inner fender, turns back toward the front of car, outer jacket is fastened to a solid bracket thru a hole. the inner cable connects to the fork as normal.
a very hard push does not move fork...no slack, high pedal.

best i can do !!
project is dead again,,,cable people sat too many bends.
for now im sunk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
project is dead again,,,cable people sat too many bends.
for now im sunk

AND, AND, no such thing as a pull type clutch master cylinder!!!
i ordered a pull type slave. they call it a master/slave,wilwood 260=1333 bu i see no way to mount it and no place tor a resoviour using as a master.
so i called SUMMIT, the guys with the big catalog,,,
they have no answer, nothing made for a mustang with a pull type clutch...!!! like all cars have ...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AND, AND, no such thing as a pull type clutch master cylinder!!!
i ordered a pull type slave. they call it a master/slave,wilwood 260=1333 bu i see no way to mount it and no place tor a resoviour using as a master.
so i called SUMMIT, the guys with the big catalog,,,
they have no answer, nothing made for a mustang with a pull type clutch...!!! like all cars have ...
so, how do you drive a slave cylinder???
ive heard of remote masters but i see no way to do that...
im going to attempt to use the wilwood as both a master and slave as it is called on www.
gotta find a way to mount it.

anybody ever use a hydraulic clutch???
talk to me, pls...

·
Registered
120 Posts
OK, so which vehicle, trans, etc, might help. ;) But yes, Wilwood, Howe, McLeod, and others make pull slave cylinders. I've seen a couple that used reversed rear-mount push slaves with pull rods to the fork. There are likely more options, but general info means general answers. If it's a popular combination, there are some hydro retro kits, but be prepared for some heart-skipping high prices in-exchange for convenience.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, so which vehicle, trans, etc, might help. ;) But yes, Wilwood, Howe, McLeod, and others make pull slave cylinders. I've seen a couple that used reversed rear-mount push slaves with pull rods to the fork. There are likely more options, but general info means general answers. If it's a popular combination, there are some hydro retro kits, but be prepared for some heart-skipping high prices in-exchange for convenience.
i had a cable mounted with a solid bracket i made. cable made 2 180 bends and got binded i guess and pioneer cable kinda blamed that.
so i need to move a fork toward the rear some other way. ill try a pull type slave with the same bracket since its good and held the cable well. slave is ordered./thur...

trouble was, i couldnt find a pull type master. now i have. its ordered, fri.

ill recap soon again.
tnx for all help so far.

it mounts away from the firewall, remotely. need a short cable for that. maybe mod the existing one

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i had a cable mounted with a solid bracket i made. cable made 2 180 bends and got binded i guess and pioneer cable kinda blamed that.
so i need to move a fork toward the rear some other way. ill try a pull type slave with the same bracket since its good and held the cable well. slave is ordered./thur...

trouble was, i couldnt find a pull type master. now i have. its ordered, fri.

ill recap soon again.
tnx for all help so far.

it mounts away from the firewall, remotely. need a short cable for that. maybe mod the existing one
oh, i dont know how to hook that up, !! cable ??

·
Registered
120 Posts
That pictured MCP is a go cart brake master cylinder. No problem with that, but I've never used that one, and I imagine it could be mounted on the firewall with a bracket to take your clutch cable. Measure your cable throw and the required throw of the MC. These are typical inline clutch masters that replace a clutch rod, and connects to a hole in the pedal arm below the pivot with a clevis:
Font Auto part Body jewelry Jewellery Metal

Whatever you like and can make work effectively. When I use these I also use an angle plate to position the geometry similar to the original clutch rod, like this one, designed for horizontal holes from Mustang Depot (gone), or make your own:
Gas Rectangle Circle Jewellery Auto part

Simple conversions used to be prevalent, and this is one old defunct example from JMC for Fords, showing the mounting plate angle on the MC. That angle is not absolutely required, but seems to help clear stuff and ease operation. This image has a push-slave to go behind the fork and push forward.
Line Font Gun barrel Compass Metalworking hand tool

Yours is a push-fork and needs a pull-slave mounted behind on the trans to pull the fork toward the rear of the car, as your cable does (tried ;)).

These things aren't complicated, and there are 101 ways to get it done. Do your thing!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That pictured MCP is a go cart brake master cylinder. No problem with that, but I've never used that one, and I imagine it could be mounted on the firewall with a bracket to take your clutch cable. Measure your cable throw and the required throw of the MC. These are typical inline clutch masters that replace a clutch rod, and connects to a hole in the pedal arm below the pivot with a clevis:
View attachment 94541
Whatever you like and can make work effectively. When I use these I also use an angle plate to position the geometry similar to the original clutch rod, like this one, designed for horizontal holes from Mustang Depot (gone), or make your own:
View attachment 94542

Simple conversions used to be prevalent, and this is one old defunct example from JMC for Fords, showing the mounting plate angle on the MC. That angle is not absolutely required, but seems to help clear stuff and ease operation. This image has a push-slave to go behind the fork and push forward.
View attachment 94543
Yours is a push-fork and needs a pull-slave mounted behind on the trans to pull the fork toward the rear of the car, as your cable does (tried ;)).

These things aren't complicated, and there are 101 ways to get it done. Do your thing!
i could not, cannot find a "pull" type clutch m c...???
talked to summit and ? others...nobody had one !!!

mount like a brake mc on firewall...?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts