460 Ford Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Those clutch cables have always been a problem on performance.Fox bodies.If there is ANY kind of flex from the pedal,pedal support,your bell setup,clutch lever,cable stretch.etc,the movements will stack up and cause little or no lever movement.Get your engineering hat on! Could you convert it to a solid push rod from the pedal to some kind of Z bar setup like older fords? BTW,hate to say it but when you pull the tranny to check the disc,my bet it's on correctly.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Those clutch cables have always been a problem on performance.Fox bodies.If there is ANY kind of flex from the pedal,pedal support,your bell setup,clutch lever,cable stretch.etc,the movements will stack up and cause little or no lever movement.Get your engineering hat on! Could you convert it to a solid push rod from the pedal to some kind of Z bar setup like older fords? BTW,hate to say it but when you pull the tranny to check the disc,my bet it's on correctly.
i adjust the cable tighter than it should be. pedal hard to push to the floor. feels solid, no give.?
my mechanical bracket and belcrank very seem solid.
can the cable really give it up???

appreciate your advice.
very frustrated.
dont see any other way.
nobody use a cable on a big clutch???

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, but on a pull-fork, not a push-fork. You can buy pull-forks and pivots under $40 to convert to the standard cable type, so maybe that's an option? I saw an article a long time ago about converting from one to the other. Maybe do a search for that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
"BTW,hate to say it but when you pull the tranny to check the disc,my bet it's on correctly. "

others agree, i dont think i could reverse it, BUT, IT WILL NOT MOVE..
cant figure why...i tried cranking the adjust ROD till very TIGHT , NO BUDGE.
not in mood to tear apart...

61 - 64 of 64 Posts