460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok bbf with an 11" diaphram style clutch,wilwood mc,wilwood slave cyl.(I think the mc is 3/4" bore).Lakewood sfi bellhousing attached to a Jerico.Tranny guy claims this clutch will eventually break the trans.(too grabby I guess)He recomended a twin disc (twin $1000) We already bought this one so we are using it for now, to keep the project moving along.The problem is that this thing is realllly hard to push down.Not entirely impossible, but I would not want to get stuck in traffic with it.Oh yeah 50% street 50% strip.Occasional cruise night or Sunday drive.Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to go?Would a twin disc be easier to depress?I am trying to think of the clutch brand----Premier or something close to that.Blue shrink-wrap package.Hydraulic throw out bearing or something?Smaller bore Master cyl. with a longer stroke maybee? If anyone has messed with this type of set up, or knows of a good working combo,please chime in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

called the clutch manufacturer, and they said the problem probably stems from the cluth release fork arrangement.What is anyone using for a Jerrico/lakewood set up?and don't all answere at once---we don't want to jam up the site! :lol:

·
Registered
720 Posts
clutch

i ran a 11" mcleod adj PP with a 6 puck bronze ram disc.with the bronze disc you can have the static pressure on the PP lowered.i run about 1800# of pressure with that disc ,where i used to run about 3000# with the rag disc.it wil be a little grabby on the street with that set up but i have never had a trans failure in about 400 passes at 3200#(clutch related any way).a smaller bore master cyclinder will make it easier but i have no experience with hydraulics ,mine is all manual linkage.just my thoughts ron

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm not sure on your set-up, but every Lakewood bell I've put behind a 5.0 required a longer release arm. The difference is about 1"-1-1/4" in the length with the difference being on the outside so the leverage is increased. Changes the travel of the t-o bearing as well as reduces pedal effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts